Chapter 4

Classes are over now and no one has asked me about my blurt out at lunch.

Thank god.

I'm heading to the field and I see Evie there.

Shes also trying out? i dont exactly see her as a cheerleader type.

I heard Carlos and Jay are trying out for the lacrosse team, and they are trying out the same time as we are.

Maybe Evie is just here to support them.

Nope shes definitely trying out

But why? Cheerleading was never really her thing

Maybe I was wrong

Itll be fun to have her on the squad though so maybe this is a good thing.

I walk over to her but she seems a little distracted by the guys on the field.

Or just one guy

Chad.

Why would Evie take time out of her day to impress a boy with something she doesnt even like doing?

I shake my head and set my books down and start warming up.

Thats when Audrey finally showed up

She gave me THE dirtiest look.

So I took my chances

"Heyy Audrey" I said.

She puts on a fake smile and says "Heyy y/n um what are you doing here?"

"Oh Im here to tryout" I say.

She still has that fake smile but her eyes go wide.

"Ohh you are, how nice to have tou hear." She says.

Im laughing on the inside.

I stopped talking to her becuase doing that almost makes me puke.

Tryouts are starting and since Audrey is assistant caption she has to watch all of our cheer moves and pick who get to he on the team.

Dont worry our real coach is here to watch us so Im happy its not just Audrey as she will probably kick me off just because.

But I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

I memorize the routine almost instantly.

I look over at Evie and she doesnt seem to be getting it.

I feel bad because she just wants to impress Chad but this cheerleading isnt her thing so I dont think she should be doing something she doesnt feel comfortable doing.

Audrey has been glaring and watching me the whole time proabaly shocked that I could do this.

"Y/n step forward" Audrey says.

I step up hoping she doesnt just kick me off.

"Do a round off, back handspring, back tuck." She says with a smirk.

I confidently walk over to the inner part of the field but not to close to where the guys are practicing.

I give her a smirk and do all my tricks perfectly landing straight up.

Easy.

All the girls and I think even some of the guys all watched me woth their jaws dropped.

Yeah theres no way I'll get kicked off

I only know how to do this stuff  because I wanted to teach myself a bunch of cool tricks when I was younger and lucky for me I finally get to use them for a good cause.

Suck my nuts bitches

I walk back over to the group and the coach comes over to me.

"You are definitely getting a spot on the team!" Coach says.

I smile I cant believe I actually got on something and least to say Im happy.

Coach went through and picked and cut girls from the team.

Sadly Evie was cut off but I think its best for her.

The girls on the team are Me, Audrey, Jane, Elizabeth, Addison, Lily, Maddie, Alex, Laylah, and Emma.

Evie spots me and we head over to the bleachers so sit and talk.

"Y/n you did those tricks amazingly Im happy you got to get on the team" she says giving me a hug.

"Thank you Evie Im sorry you couldnt be on the team" I say returning the hug.

"Its okay it was only to kinda impress Chad."

Im kinda glad she finally admitted it. Nothing I would've done.

Next thing I know theres a ball heading right towards us.

Actually more infront of Evie.

I move infront of her and catch the ball.

I notice one of the boys probably tried to throw it at us.

the boy starts laughing so I take the ball and throw it back at him hitting him in the head.

Whos laughing now?

Oh, I am. "Hey! Watch it dick!" I yell out to him.

I dont know the boys name but I will find out and if he pulls some shit like that again Im going to shove my foot so far up his ass hes going to taste my shoe.

He doesnt know whats coming

i got a glimpse of his face and realized it's Chad. I roll my eyes

I see Evie didn't notice it was him so i just keep to myself.

As he runs away like a little pussy and Evie turns me around and calms me down.

"Hey Y/n its just one of the stupid boys its okay" she says

I take a deep breathe to show her Im really okay.

Even that boys doesnt know whats coming for him.

I nod my head at her and head to my dorms to change my outfit and go to dinner.

~

Im in my dorm when I see Lonnie with one of my books in her hand.

She sees me and says "Oh Im sorry, you just have one of my favorite books here so I just started reading it" she says putting it back.

I see the book she had and say "Oh no its okay you can actually borrow my books anytime!"

She looks at me and puts a smile on her face. "Thank you, they just dont have these kind of books in the library so I cant ever find them anywhere."

Wow. They dont have just regular classic books in the library? I actually feel bad

~

I head to the cafeteria and see nobody is here yet.

I get a tray of food and sit at the usual table where Carlos and Evie.

More people have came in and eventually so have Evie, Carlos and their group.

Sometimes I wish al my friends could get along so I can have a group like they do. I just love their friendship

Even if I dont like some of them I love the way their bond is.

As always Carlos is next to me with Evie across, and Mal next to Evie and Jay next to Carlos.

I finsih my dinner when Jay come to sit next to me.

What now?

"So Y/n mind if we pick up from where we left off about your little blurt out?" He says with his eyebrows raised.

I almost choke on my food when he says that.

Everyone at the table now turns to look at me with amused faces.

I really thought I could get away with it.

Son of a shit.

1156 words.