Chapter 4:Let's raid some temples!

The people who are in charge of Mondstad and it's new saviors were talking about how to deal with the threat of the dragon looming over them. Well, most of them...

Kumagawa:[See. So if you overwhelm your enemies with Hydro attacks, than put a combo of Cryo and Electro and maybe some Geo too for good measures...]

Lisa:My! This is certainly something. Ehehehe...

Paimon:...Paimon is officialy terrified.

Lumine:Looks like he has fun. Maybe I could use so of those combinations too...

Jean:Anyway, we're in luck. Stormterror takes his power from four power sources located in the Four Wind Temples. I believe everyone here knows why we're targeting only three.

Paimon:Paimon doesn't.

Lumine:Who cares? We can ask them later, if you really want to know.

Kumagawa:[Oh, are we commiting heresy? Sing me in!]

Jean:Great, I'm grateful for your help. After this mess is over, our resources will give us the oportunity to help with your brother by doing more than handing out missing person posters.

Kumagawa:[Let's burn down those temples! Later, Jean-chan!]

Kumagawa rushed Amber to show them the temple, a little too excited for control, and Lumine together with Paimon ran after the minus. Jean let out a small smile at the King of Minuses's demeanor, but she did have her own worries.

His excitment of burning down things does remind her of Klee...She prays to Barbatos for he, Kumagawa and Lisa to not ever be in the same room together.

Amber has guided them to the first temple. Although she only pointed tge way to Kumagawa who carried her to go faster.

Amber:This is it, although it's a sad image of it's former glory. It's possible to have a monster nest or hirlicurl group. No wonder even Stormterror abandoned it.

Lumine:Abandoned.

Amber:Yes. As hard it is to believe, Stormterror was once a member of the Four Winds.

Kumagawa:[Really now.]

Kumagawa was now pretty sure that boy was, in fact, Barbatos. All clues indicate this fact.

Lumine:I can't say I'd stay here either, this place is a ruin.

Kumagawa:[Yes, it doesn't look like it has been taken care of in a while.]

Amber:Yeah, it's a shame...

Lumine:Eh, we're gonna probably destroy it anyway.

Amber took the first step, the others trailing behind. They walked around until they found a room with a hirlicurl in the middle. Although this one was equiped with a club and a shield.

However, the hirlicurl hasn't noticed them yet because they were one level above in a room with it's floor destroyed. Amber charged a arrow with Pyro energy and fired it at the hirlicurl.

The hirlicurl raised it's shield at the last minute and it caught on fire, making the hirlicurl drop it. The humanoid monster got a horn from it's belt and breathed in it, causing a loud sound. However, the sound didn't last long because the hirlicurl's head was pierced by a oversized screw.

The group landed in the room as more hirlicurls entered frantically. Three of them began to fight the monsters while Paimon made distance and cheered for them.

Paimon:Paimon knows you can do it!

Lumine charged at a hirlicurl with her sword aiming for his head. The hirlicurl showed intelligence as it moved it's shield to protect itself from the traveller. However, it was revealed that was a feint as Lumine redirectioned her sword cut open it's stomach.

Three hirlicurls rushed at her from behind and she was making a plan to intercept them. But it looks like it was unneeded.

Kumagawa passed her at immense speed as he gripped the heads of two of them. The third hirlicurl swinged it's club at his head, but the minus ducked hid head under it and bit into the hirlicurl's neck like a hungry vampire. Blood splashed around as Kumagawa's teeth dug into the hirlicurl's neck, having crushed the other two's heads at the same time, and the hirlicurl died chocking on it's own blood.

Kumagawa:[Ah, I guess it'd taste different from human blood.]

Lumine looked at Kumagawa, than at a group of approaching hirlicurls with a thoughtful look. She gathered Anemo energy and fired it in the middle of the group. The hirlicurls were sucked in by the Anemo vortex and their bodies were cryshed from the pressure.

Lumine herself has quiet a smug look seeing the results of her idea, copied as it may be. Kumagawa stared at the atack with a grin on his face.

Kumagawa:[Amber-chan!]

Amber took her eyes off the last hirlicurl she killed as she heard Kumagawa's voice. He was making a arrow shooting motion at Lumine's atack and Amber understood what he wanted.

Hirlicurls ran around the range of Lumine's atack. But as Amber shoot a Pyro charged arrow at the vortex, it exploded in a sphere of fire that turned the hirlicurls to ashes.

Amber walked to her companions, her and Lumine doing a high five. Kumagawa stared silent at the pair, happy to see his crazed ideas bond them.

They continued their way through the temple. The girls were surprised when a hirlicurl dropped diwn from another level through a hole while swinging it's club at them.

Amber and Lumine moved to take their weapons, but it was over before they finished. A foot was shoot between them from behind them hitting the hirlicurl's shield with great force. Kumagawa's kick resulted in the shield being dug deep into the hirlicurl's head, killing it.

Paimon:Wow, what crazy reflexes.

Amber:I'm sure you'll be a great knight!

Kumagawa:[I'm not really interesed.]

Amber:No need to be shy!

Amber moved by Kumagawa's side, talking about what a great knight he'll make. Behind the Lumine frowned a little, fact which did not go unoticed by Paimon.

Paimon:What happened?

Lumine:Nothing an emergency food would be worried about.

Paimon:Hey!

They've found a pit from where strong winds came from leading to another room. Lumine used her Wind Glider to fly up there while Kumagawa took Amber in one hand and jumped up there with Paimon on his shoulder.

In the center of the room, which looked to be more of a altar, was a blue glowing stone which looked to be imbended with Anemo energy. Kumagawa figured out this was the source they were looking for and was feeling like showing off a little after the show the two girls put on today.

Kumagawa:[This temple isn't used for anything, right?]

Amber:Huh? Well, no.

The three girls looked in amazement as Kumagawa pointed his finger forward and a hole was ripped through the air. No, it's rather that it was ripped through space itself.

The stone and everything forward was ripped from tgeir place and absorbed in the small black hole, leaving the outside world to be seen from were they currently were and leaving the temple much easier. The hole dissapeared abd Kumagawa got his hands on his pockets in a cool looking manner.

Lumine:...What was that?

Kumagawa:[A black hole. A body of such intense gravity that it'd suck anything in and obliterate it once inside. Not even light can escape it. That aside...]

Lumine sighed at how inferior all her abilities were in comparasion to hers. However, she was soon shocked when he suddenly hugged her.

Kumagawa:[You did really good back there. You must be a special!]

Lumine blushed with the look of a deer caught in highlights. Byt her stupified expression quickly changed in a smile full of joy.

Lumine:It's thanks to you.