CHAPTER ONE

MARCH 20 LATE AT NIGHT, STILL TRYING TO WRITE. You stared at the typewriter, it's completely blank. Steve came into the room and set a bag of KFC on the desk. "Don't worry too much about it, it will come naturally, I promise" he said, trying to persuade you while rubbing your shoulders in a calming matter, you sighed and out your hand on top of his, "maybe I need to stick to working" you muttered, still looking at the typewriter. Steve shrugged, "or just read your scraps to little kids, that's cool too" "whatever" you laughed, he giggled and exited the room.

You woke up the next morning, Deciding you can hangout with Steve and maybe robin during their shift. "Y/n you don't work there you don't need to come" he said, you both brushing your teeth, "but I want to" you said back, spitting out the toothpaste and into the sink. The pair got ready and Steve drove to his job.

You made yourself look like a customer so Keith didn't cuss you out again, but you did snatch the phone from Steve when he was talking to dustin. "Steve? Steve!- god damn it!" He scoffed on the phone, still waiting for him to answer.   "Woah chill it's just me!" "OH MY GOD, PERFECT IDEA" he shouted loud enough for Steve to hear, you smirked at Steve in a cocky way, you and Steve had been having countless debates on if Dustin likes you or Steve more. He easily flipped you off while you sat on the counter, cross-crossed your legs and talked to dustin. "What's up kid?" You asked, "Lucas has a championship tonight so he can't come,  so I need someone to come fill in for tonight" "what the hell is hellfire?" You questioned, eyebrows furrowed. "Its a group for dungeons and dragons! You'd like it a lot, it's with my friends Mike and Eddie" "Eddie? As in Eddie Munson? Cult leader?" You said, steve mouthed "that's what I said" "he's not a fucking cult leader he's nice!" You made a face, apologizing. "I gotta go to work today" "you work at a library, who comes late at a library?" "Your mom" "haha so funny" he rolled his eyes and before you could answer he hung up the phone, on his side of the phone, he rather slammed it back in its place.

"I think this might be the one" you mocked, "shut up" Steve replied putting the movies in its place.

Further on the day, it's pretty late actually, you sat in the library shutting everything down. While putting up the crayons you noticed the lights flash. "Huh...that's weird" you whispered to yourself. But you sighed and moved on, not wanting to be there any longer. You couldn't lie, there was a slight anxiety in your chest as you heard your own footsteps, but it sounded like two? Like someone was moving at the same time as you. Maybe you were just being paranoid. You quickly grabbed your stuff and turned off the lights, leaving work and heading back home to a sleep steve on the couch, a plate with crumbs on the coffee table, and the tv running. You shut the door behind you and lock it, putting your stuff on the couch beside him before grabbing the plate and washing it, setting it in the dishwasher.

You walked back to the living room, patting your hands dry on your dirty shirt. Before smiling, looking at how cute he is while sleeping, you took the black throw blanket and put it over him and took off his shoes before heading to the shower and resting for the night.