PROLOGUE

AS A KID  you'd always been into the fantasy novels, and you'd always been creative, telling your parents what the pancake looks like when it's clearly fucked up. You'd draw and write stories about these different characters. You were just your own little person in Hawkins, and when you grew up nothing changed.

Placed in Hawkins, you just graduated in 1984. You want to persue in writing, you still have the grades to go to college if you want. You graduated alongside with Steve Harrington, your best friend and roommate. He always kept you happy and mentally stable, and invited you to hang at his job, when he was working at Scoops Ahoy and now at FamilyFilm. There was nothing but laughs and love between the both of you. 

You and Steve stayed at a 2 bedroom apartment, looked nice and homey- well unless Steve got you both takeout. Your room consisted of Christian Slater, Ralph Macchio, Micheal Jackson, and Friday the 13th. Your top 4 at all times, your room showed how you are, and you're pretty bipolar, considering one day your room is a clatter and the next it's all nice and clean. You and Steve were both music heads, which is probably why you got noise complaints every 2 weeks, you would've been got kicked out of you didn't have doe eyes.

You had a full time job at the library, it didn't feel like job, you felt like you were doing something you loved, which is weird considering.. it is a library. Since you had a FULL time job, you paid more rent then Steve did, you never really complained though, just stated that you would like it if he did the dishes and of course he complied at doing them.

Since you've been moved in with Steve for almost a year you've had his friends come over, dustin and robin. Dustin introduced you into Dungeons and Dragons, which was pretty cool, it wasn't like the newspapers at all. You considered dustin one of your friends too, he'd share his comics with you, and persuade you and Steve to go to the top of the hill and talk to Susie with him, which truth was, he was scared of being alone. You'd discuss books and comics, he'd say that books are boring and comics are cooler, but you enjoyed both. You handed him a book but told him he'd probably piss his pants because of how scary it is, "it's called children of the corn, it cannot be that scary" he'd shrug, you'd shrug also, "you'll see for yourself"

And he did, he now emphasizes that comics are "WAYYY BETTER"

It's now 1986 and you're still in haunted Hawkins, one book finished but not published, and your creativity stabbing you in the back...meaning you have writers block.