CHAPTER NINE

You and Steve took eddie to your shared apartment and let him crash for sometime. Let him get cleaned up, you bought him some new clothes. He let you wash his hair and give him a single small braid behind his ear with a red rubber band on the end of it. You called the state after talking to Steve, and you somehow connected to dr Owens, he'd say he'd take care of it.

The next day steve told you and Eddie to get dressed so you can help Nancy pack to move. You wore Eddies pick around your neck and wore simple matching outfits, you wore a black t shirt while he wore an airy tank top and black jeans, he of course wore the chain that goes with the jeans since that goes "so well" with him, but you rolled your eyes and laughed.

You were just about finished with packing, "someone order a pizza?" Mrs. wheeler asked. "Pizza?" Dustin repeated. You and Eddie turned looking at the pizza truck, watching it stop and watching the people come out. Eddie had a smile on his face while you watched who came out, a smile was also brought on your lips when you saw Mike, Will, Jonathan, and El. You knew them because you hung out at the apartment or at Mrs wheelers, sometimes. But it was good to know they were at least safe. You and Eddie watched as they ran to whom ever they wanted to hug, el and Will going to Dustin, Mike to his mom, and Jonathan going to nance. "Y/n! Come here!" Dustin called, you looked behind you and at Eddie and he waved you off, telling you go ahead while he talked to Robin.

You walked over to dustin, "hi will!" He smiled and said hi back, giving you a hug. You were suprised, but you smiled, hugging him back. He let go and you looked at el. "Eleven, this is y/n. I guess you guys can be like, psychic buddies?" You and eleven laughed before she looked at you and put her hand out, you bit the side of your lip before putting your hand in hers and shaking it. You let go, "Where's Lucas?" Will asked, "he's at the hospital" Dustin answered. "Was he hurt?" El asked. "No. No, he's...oh god...you don't know" they looked at him clueless.

Jonathan and Nancy took the kids to go see Max, but you, Eddie, Dustin, Robin, and Steve took the stuff for shelter to the high school. "Don't worry, they will see how much of a good person you are when they see you helping. You're fine" you reminded eddie, giving him a box, he sighed while you gave him a kiss on the cheek, you picked up a boy and Steve closed the trunk and led the way into the school. You all entered the school, looking around and seeing all the people around, helping, some in need, it just was scattered everywhere. You all went to the blood center and set the box's down. The girl looked at eddie, you could tell she was tense, but she ignored it and listened to robins talking.

"Hi" Robin said, "hi" "uh, so these are blankets, and sheets, and some, some clothes, and, and some kids toys, and some canned goods" Robin said, "wow, it's already so organized" the worker muttered. "We appreciate that" she put a smile on her face. "Do you want a tax receipt for it?" She asked, picking up a pen and a notepad. "Um, no. I don't think we need one, thank you though, but, is there anything else that we can do..to help?"

The pretty dark skinned woman looked around before nodding. They separated all of you, but you and Eddie stuck together, holding a clipboard and having people sign petitions to build more houses for those in need. But while Eddie was taking names, you were quizzing him for the next test at home test the high schoolers will take in order to graduate.

You were smiling and talking to eddie, he laughed before he heard his name being called. "Eddie?" He turned, it was his uncle. His uncle smiled and so did eddie, putting the clipboard down and hopping over the table to give his uncle a hug. A smile was brought to your face, you liked seeing him happy. You turned around because your clipboard was on the table behind you, but you noticed something outside. It was raining ashes.