Chapter 13

Rosa's POV
Once Bella finished screaming, she stormed upstairs and slammed her door. I shook my head and thanked dad as he set a plate in front of me.

"Do I want to know what the 'strawberry jam' and 'chocolate syrup' is code for?" Dad asks making me freeze and internally curse myself

"Do I want to know what the 'strawberry jam' and 'chocolate syrup' is code for?" Dad asks making me freeze and internally curse myself. 'I forgot that he was right here and could hear me..... I should've whispered it.'

I cleared my throat and looked over at him and said "Dad......sometimes it's best to picture your daughter as the Virgin Mary. Especially after she has kids, and that's all I'm going to say on the matter" He nodded unsurely. I went to return my attention to the food, but stopped when I noticed a shadow fly past the window. "Dad....are we the only ones here?" I hesitantly asked as my senses went haywire with.... excitement?

Dad glanced at the window before saying "The pack has been worried sick about you. Especially Jake, he feels horrible for his mistreatment towards you. Wouldn't leave you and your mate's alone. They left yesterday afternoon and came back early this morning when your boys left. They've been wanting to talk to you."

I nodded and stood up with my coffee. I double checked my robe before walking out.

I walked outside to see the ENIRE pack (excluding the imprints) anxiously pacing the back yard. I sighed and said "Look I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about the kings. I didn't want to hear the snide remarks nor was I ready to deal with any backlash. I accepted the mating bond, so if anyone has a problem then kindly fuck off back to the Rez."

The wolves looked at me before retreating to the woods. I turned around only to stop when Jake yelled "Rosa!" I turned around just as Jake leaped into my arms and made me spill my life substance into the grass 'Fucking hell....at least he's cute' I patted his back.

"Rosa....we aren't here to judge you" I looked up as Sam spoke "We understand that it wasn't your choice, but we want to know...why didn't you tell us? We could've helped you" I sighed and shook my head "I didn't want help. I just...I was scared" I whispered the last part, but they heard me clearly. Paul nodded and said "It was a scary situation, but it has so many benefits...like last night" that earned him a smack on the head from Jared, Jake, and Sam "Thanks boys. I know that now, but before.... I always avoided relationships because every guy I met was a jerk and only saw me as a good time. I thought that soul mates were myths, and if they were real I wouldn't have one."

They nodded understandingly before Sam asked "So what's the plan? You're not going through that again. We'll throw you in a trunk and send you through the mail if we have to" I snickered and said "I need to talk with my mates and we'll work something out. I'll fill you in when I know more, alright?" They nodded and Sam said "The vamps have their guards posted, but we'll take shifts to keep an eye on things" I shook my head.

"No. That's not necessary. Go home to your mate's and we'll call if anything happens" I protested. Sam went to argue but I said "I don't want Emily or anyone else to go through what I just went through, alright?" He reluctantly nodded and they left.

I went back inside and ate my breakfast as dad drank a second cup of coffee. He reached out for my free hand and squeezed it. His silent way of saying that I had scared him, but he was relieved that I was better. I squeezed his hand back in apology.

This is why my relationship with my dad worked while Bella's didn't. She doesn't know how to communicate at all. Silent or otherwise. I did and I was more vocal than she was so dad always knew what I was thinking or feeling. Even when I was SAD mad and not MAD mad, he knew the difference.

I finished and did my dishes. I kissed my dad before going upstairs and going to call Rosalie to ask for my clothes back. But when I opened the door I was met with the sight of someone I least expected to see..............

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"What the hell are you doing here Alice?"