Chapter 6

A.J. P.O.V.
- - - - - - - - - -

I sat on the edge of my bed silent, as I watched Mariah sleep.

Ever since she had randomly popped up yesterday, she had been asleep her with me.

After her crying fit, I finally got her to calm down and drink some water, trying my best to get her sobered up.

Shortly after, she had made several runs to the bathroom, throwing up everything but her intestines for the remainder of the night.

I had felt too bad to take her back to her parents house in the condition she was in, so I decided to just call outta work today to nurse her hangover, and make sure she was good before taking her home.

The covers shuffled a bit, letting me know she was finally waking up.

I sat up straight, as I watched her yawn, pushing her messy hair out of her face, as she slowly rose up, looking confused as to where she was.

"AJ?" She asked, with a voice full of sleep. "Good morning," I said with a sigh.

She opened her mouth to speak, but immediately stopped as she grabbed onto her head, frowning. "My head is pounding, that sunlight is making it worse,"

I nodded, making my way over to the blinds, closing them. "Yeah.....I figured you would have a headache, I got you that," I motioned to the nightstand, allowing her gaze to land on the water bottle and Advil I had waiting for her.

"Thank you," she sighed, quickly picking up both pills, popping them in her mouth before taking a few sips of water.

She looked down at the big t-shirt she was wearing, before looking around the room for her clothes. "Where are my things?"

"In the dryer," I started. "I washed them last night since they reeked of alcohol, I helped change you right before you passed out..... you don't remember?"

She slowly shook her head no. "No......but thanks,"

"Yeah....... I picked you up some Chick Fil-A for breakfast, it's in the kitchen......you need to put something in your stomach after last night,"

She nodded. "Yeah......I'm starving,"

She slowly slid to the edge of the bed, hanging her legs off the bed, as she took her time getting up.

"Need help?"

She shook her head no. "No......I got it, just trying to move slowly because of my head,"

"Ight," I said lowly.

I watched her disappear out of the room, returning with the food I bought her.

"........Do you uh, need to call your boss or something? I'm sure they was expecting you at work today,"

"No," She said in a sigh. "I asked for the week off.......for personal issues,"

"Oh," I mumbled.

She opened up the bag of food, pulling out the containers. "........Can we discuss the elephant in the room?" She asked, breaking the silence. ".....How did I get here?"

Both of my brows slightly raised. ".... You don't remember how you got here?"

"No.....do you?"

I sighed, scratching the back of my head. "When I got home from practice you were already at the door, so I don't know how you actually got here, but I guessed you must've taken a Uber cause you ain't have no car keys,"

"Oh," she said lowly.

".....Do you remember anything from yesterday?" I asked cautiously.

"Um..... yeah, bits and pieces,"