Chapter 16

A.J. P.O.V.
- - - - - - - - -

"Alright Ms. Monet, everything looks good, you successfully made it through the first stage of healing, it's to be expected that you'll still experience some bleeding over the next week or so, and light to moderate cramps. Just continue on with your home plan and things should return to normal sooner rather than later,"

"Thank you Dr. Jackson,"

"My pleasure, give the office a call if you need anything between now and the your final check up, I'll excuse myself while you change......oh, it was very nice meeting you as well AJ,"

I gave her a slight head nod. "You was well Dr.Jackson, thank you for all your help, and taking care of Mariah, I really appreciate it,"

"No problem honey, you two enjoy the rest of your day," she gave us both a warm smile before stepping out of the room, leaving us alone.

Once she was gone, I took a big deep breath, looking over at Mariah. ".....Good news huh?"

She inhaled, and released it slowly as she nodded. "Yeah....everything's on the right track, that's good.... I just can't wait to get back to work, I've been out for a minute,"

I slightly frowned. "Oh right.....do you.....need money or something? We can stop by the bank on the way back to your parents house, I can slide you whatever you need,"

She shook her head. "No, it's fine....it's not really about the money, it's mostly about getting back into my daily routine and feeling like myself again, money can't fix that unfortunately,"

"Yeah," I mumbled. "I get that,"

Silence filled the space around us for a few seconds.

"......Are you hungry? We rushed here and I didn't grab anything to eat this morning, so I'm kinda hungry,"

She hesitated for a second before nodding her head. "Yeah..... I can eat.....where were you trying to go?"

"Anywhere you want, it's my treat,"

"Okay....I'll uh think about it,"

"Cool,"

I stood up from my seat, taking a deep breath. "Um..... I'll give you a minute to change....I'll meet you out front,"

"Okay," she said lowly.

I walked over to the door, as she carefully began to slide to the end of the examination table, holding the drape over herself, slightly wincing in pain.

I looked over at her, watching her struggle, getting off the table.

"......You okay?"

"Yeah..... I think my pain meds are wearing off, I'll take some after we get something to eat,"

She scooted forward again, obviously in pain.

I took my hand off the doorknob, turning back around. "...Do you need some help?"

She quickly looked over her shoulder at me, shaking her head. "Oh...No, I got it, I'm fine,"

I stood there silent, watching her continue to struggle getting off the table, causing me to step up to her side.

"I got you.....come on," I held out my arm for her to grab, which she just stared down at, frozen.

".....Uh..... I uh....need to get my pants on," she said, motioning to her folded pair of jeans that were sitting in the chair beside the one I was sitting in.

"Ight...but I think you gotta get down first before you get your pants on,"

"I know......I was just trying to say that....I don't....my panties, it's......over there," she motioned back over to the pair of sweatpants, causing me to nod.