Chapter 15 (PART 2)

Bria P.O.V.
- - - - - - - - - -

I paced the hallway back and forth, waiting for someone to escort me to Aliyah's room.

We had been here at the hospital for about a hour and fifteen minutes, and now she was finally going through multiple tests the doctor had ordered for her.

I looked down at my phone that was in my hand, staring at Marcus' contact, deciding whether or not to call him.

Half of me wanted too, but the other half of me didn't want to go against Aliyah, since I didn't know what the reason was as to why she didn't want me to call.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves, but I was too worked up from all of this happening so randomly.

I paused my pacing, leaning my shaky body up against the wall, as I decided what to do next.

"Just call," I said to myself. "If Aliyah gets mad she'll get over it,"

I held my finger over the his name, contemplating whether to tap it, but I just couldn't do it.

I sighed to myself, exciting out of my call log, and going straight to my contacts.

I knew I needed to talk to someone that could possibly calm my nerves, and give me advice on what to do, but everyone I could think of, I knew would call Marcus.

A bit down on my bottom lip, thinking about maybe calling Shawn, but a part of me didn't want to involve him in this drama, and I didn't even fully know if I could trust him not to say anything.

I scrolled through my contacts, stopping in the "H's" specifically on the name Him.

Even though we hadn't spoken to each other in over a month, I was hoping that he would still answer my call.

I tapped the call icon, placing the phone up to my ear, as my heart began beating a bit faster.

"Hello?"

My stomach quickly filled with the feeling of butterflies when I heard his voice.

"Chris,"

"You good?" He asked concerned. "Why you sound like that??"

"I'm okay....well no not really, I'm here at the hospital with Aliyah, and I really need someone to talk too,"

"Oh shit," he started. "She having the baby? Damn I thought there was a few more weeks, Hol up, Lemme call Marcus real quick and tell him congratul-"

"No!!" I said, cutting him off. "You can't call Marcus, please, don't do that,"

"What? Why not? Why you sound all in a panic, what's going on B?"

I closed my eyes, taking a calming breath, trying to gather my thoughts.

"Aliyah collapsed," I started. "Like almost two hours ago, randomly. Her assistant Desiree and I were there and wanted to call a ambulance for her, but she didn't want one called because she thought it would scare Kenzie and bring too much attention,"

"I wanted to call Marcus and tell him what's going on because I don't know if somethings up with the baby, but if it is I think he should know, but Aliyah is like super adamant on no one contacting him, she keeps saying that he can't know, over and over, and when I was driving here, she made me promise that I wouldn't call and that she would explain after seeing a doctor,"

"I don't know," I said sighing. "I feel so conflicted, and I really don't know what to do, I don't want to be responsible for not saying anything if something happens to the baby, but I also don't want to break my promise to Aliyah, I know she trusts me, but I'm just scared and-"