Chapter 21

Bria P.O.V.
- - - - - - - - - -
"Okay so which one? The studs or the chandelier earrings?"

I turned my head from right to left, letting Aliyah see both of my earring options.

"Definitely chandelier, it compliments the dress more,"

I turned back around to the mirror, taking one last look. "Hmm, I think you're right......okay, chandelier it is,"

She smirked, as she leaned up against the doorframe.

"You're nervous,"

I frowned, looking up at her through the mirror. "What? No I'm not,"

"You absolutely are, I think it's cute, I don't think I've ever seen you nervous for anything before.....you and Shawn must be getting pretty serious, it's been like almost two months right?"

I looked back down at my pile of jewelry, shrugging. "Something like that......But I'm not nervous......I just wanna look nice,"

"And since when did you start being so extra meticulous about how you look? I've never seen you this detail oriented about an outfit,"

"......I just wanna make sure I look good, I've never been to a celebrity charity event or whatever you call it, and I want to make sure that I'm not being judged for looking like I don't belong,"

She frowned. "And who would be judging you? Shawn?"

"No," I said in a sigh. "Just forget I said that......can I borrow that gold YSL purse in your closet? It's the missing piece to my outfit, I promise I'll take care of it,"

"Sure, I'll get it down for you..... whatever you're really worried about, let it go. You're gorgeous and you look just as gorgeous, always,"

She gave me a soft smile, causing me to smile back. "Thanks,"

"No problem, I'll leave the purse for you downstairs.... When you get back, your brother and I have something to tell you,"

I lifted a brow, as I placed in my earrings. "Something like what?"

"Something important, don't stress about it, it's nothing bad, have fun, I'll see you later,"

Once she was gone, I looked back in the mirror, taking one last look at myself.

I quickly ran my lipstick over my lips one last time, before picking up my phone to check the time.

As soon as I was about to put my phone down, it vibrated in my hand. I tapped on the Gmail notification to see a email from Jade.

Forwarding you the extra credit assignment Professor Daley gave out today because I'm not then sure he hasn't bothered to email you anything

I slightly rolled my eyes, because she was absolutely right.

I quickly saved the assignment, before my phone vibrated in my hand again.

Shawn (2:36pm) - Here

Butterflies filled my stomach as I turned to look at myself one last time in the mirror.

I ran my hands down my dress, before taking a deep breath. "Alright, showtime,"

I made my way downstairs, quickly grabbing the clutch purse Aliyah left for me.

"I'm leaving!" I shouted.

I walked towards the front door, about to grab the knob when I heard Marcus' voice behind me.

"Why you shouting?? And where you going??"