Twelve

We had returned from Miami about 3 days ago, but Kane and I were still living as if we were still on vacation. I hadn't gone to work, he hadn't been in the streets, and we hadn't communicated with anyone outside of a few text. We had been so absorbed in one another that nothing else mattered outside of us. We hadn't even left the house 'to get food. If I didn't cook we ordered take out. it was a much needed break that I think the both of us were appreciative of.

I spent time with him getting to know the real and genuine Kane. He was able to express to me how he overall felt about his life and what he had been through. He laid himself bare to Raine. She now knew about every crime that he had committed, from robbery to murder. She knew every secret he had.

I knew the most vulnerable side of him. A side of him that he hadn't ever showed to anybody. I appreciated him being able to be honest with me. It made me want to be vulnerable with him. It made me want to be soft with him .

"What's on your mind ?" He questioned as he yawned and looked over at me laying in the bed staring off into space. I was honestly lost in my thoughts and reflecting on the last few days. I was growing fonder of his ass by the day.

"Nothing," I said to him rising from the bed so that I could get ready for my first day back in the shop. I went into the bathroom so that I could shower and get myself together for the day ahead.

I dressed myself in simple jeans and a blouse for today. I wanted to be simple but cute at the same time. I let my curly black hair fall around my face and decided that's how I would wear it today. I walked into the room to see Kane talking on his phone that I had made him turn off the last 3 days because it had been ringing nonstop.

"Damn nigga, you finally decided to climb ya ass out the pussy ," Ceasar's voice boomed through the phone causing me to giggle slightly. Kane turned to look at me with a smirk on his face. He looked over my appearance and nodded in approval.

"Watch your mouth young nigga," He spoke smoothly. "Ill be out in about an hour ill see yall at the spot." He said once more before disconnecting the call.

"Mama's having dinner at her's tonight, I need to get you or you going to ride with my brother ?" I questioned grabbing my phone , purse , and keys.

"More than likely catch your brother and just come home with you," He spoke. I nodded my head and kissed him on the lips before leaving .

I headed to the shop so that I can get the day started. When I arrived, Jay was already there sitting up her station. I was expecting to take all of the walk-ins that where to come today since I have been on vacation for a while.

The overall atmosphere in the shop was energetic. We were having a good time today just enjoying one another and engaging in regular girl talk about life, men, and of course children.

During the conversation I noticed that Jay kind of kept to herself. She did not engage much in the conversation, and she just appeared to be off today. At first, I didn't mention it to her I kept letting her work and I kept working, but something in me would not let me let it go.

Once I finished my client's hair that I was working on I asked Jay to step to the back in the office with me for a moment. Once inside of my office I asked her what was going on with her. I told her I noticed that she had been to herself and that her mood wasn't what it would normally be.

"I went through Brandon 's phone Raine Him and some bitches were texting back-and-forth talking about the birth of a baby and the paternity of a baby" she said as tears began to fall from her eyes.

I felt my heart dropping to my stomach. I reached out and embraced her. I could only imagine the pain that she was feeling Bran was such a shitty person for what he'd done to her.