Eight

It felt as if my blood was boiling, and steam was coming out my ears. I was so mad I knew my skin was turning red as black as I am. It was like my mind stopped. I wish this hoe would have stayed in my presence while being funny.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Jay asking me to come to my office with her. Once she closed the door behind us she looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"I'm sorry Raine , if you need to take the rest of the day off it's cool I can lock up and come by after ." She offered stopping my train of thought .

I appreciated Jay for this really because I had some shit I needed to handle . Kane talked a good ass game no lie , but I was done feeding into his bullshit . This nigga got bitches sporting pendants with K's on them and shit. The fuck I questioned to myself.

Fuck Kane , Fuck New York, and Fuck anything we had going.

"Yeah Jay I'd really appreciate it . Let me know when you're on the way so I can call and have Lucy's delivered" I responded not really looking her in the face .

I grabbed my purse and keys and headed to my car. Before I pulled off, I blocked Kane's number . I also called my apartment complex and had the locks to my apartment changed. I couldn't believe this nigga . We were 3 seconds in and this nigga had bitches and secrets. I refused to deal with his ass .

Once I made it home, I stripped out of my clothes and laid across the bed to take a nap . I honestly just wanted to forget the last 3 hours had even happened, but I couldn't . Shit it was what it was . So much for wishful thinking , I thought to myself before drifting off to sleep .

I woke up to Moesha playing from the tv . My head was also hurting, which caused me to grab the pain medicine off my nightstand and grab 2 before heading to the kitchen to get some water. After taking the pain medication I looked at my phone to see that I had a text from Jayla saying to go ahead and order the food . So I did .

I also had 3 missed calls from an unknown number that I figured to be Kane's . I mentally rolled my eyes . My phone dinged back to back indicating that I was receiving several messages. I ran my hand across my face before looking at the messages .

Unknown : why the fuck you got my number blocked Raine ?

Unknown : yo I stopped by the crib and see you had you locks changed , yo you for fucking real right now ?

Unknown: bet Raine . Say less .

I put my phone on do not disturb and watched tv while I waited for Jayla and the food to arrive . I sat watching waiting to exhale not really paying attention . My mind was too focused on how full of shit Kane was . A knock came to the door knocking me out of my thoughts .

"Who is it" I spoke .

"Lucy's delivery" I heard from the other side of the door . I got up from my seat and answered the door . I grabbed my money to pay the delivery man before looking him over . He was dark skinned with dreads and he appeared to work out . I licked my lips unknowingly before attempting to hand him the money .

"Dude down the hall already paid for it love" he stopped me before handing me the food and walking away .

I furrowed my eyebrows before sitting the food down and looking down the hallway . I saw Kane standing at the end of the hall with his arms crossed and a frown on his face . My eyes grew wide as I realized he was beginning to make his way towards my door . I snatched my body back inside my apartment and slammed the door before he could make it to me.

"Yo , open up the fucking door Raine , you out here eye fucking the delivery nigga and shit" Kane spoke banging on the door .

"Kane get the fuck away from my door" I yelled through the door at him . I was not dealing with his shit . And I don't know who the fuck he thought he was showing up and demanding that I open my door.