Three

That night I went home with my moms words replaying over in my head. Once I got home, the shower was my first stop. While in the shower I decided to wash my hair, I was over the straight look and I wanted my natural curls back now. Once I got out of the shower I threw on a t-shirt and panties. I stood in my bathroom mirror and proceeded to put lotion on my legs. I then raked my hands through my hair applying leave in conditioner to it. Walking out of my bathroom back into my bed room, I saw Kane  laying across my bed in nothing but his shirt and gym shorts flipping through the channels on the t.v.

"Nigga how the fuck you get in my shit?" I questioned him with my arms now across my chest. He just stared at me, never answering, and his facial expression never changing.

"Stupid ass," I mumbled under my breath walking to my kitchen to get some juice.

I went back into my room getting on the opposite side of the bed. I grabbed my phone replying to a message from Jayla asking me if I would go with her Saturday and help her look for a car. After that, I focused my attention on the T.V. that was playing old re runs of Law & Order:SVU. I felt Kane 's fingers playing in my damp hair.

"Don't fucking touch me Kane ," I said to him jerking my head away which caused him to pull my head closed to his. This man really had a problem with personal space.

"Yo, what the fuck is the attitude problem for Raine," he said furrowing his eyebrows as if he was clueless.

"Your ass has been missing for a whole week and now you decide to crawl yo ass up in here like everything's all good? Nah nigga! And how the hell you get in my shit?" I semi yelled at him going back to my original spot on the bed causing him to sit up.

"Raine lower yo fucking voice," he said looking at me as if he was daring me to yell again. I rolled my eyes at him.

"look man don't be like that. I been working. Shit been hectic Raine, and as far as me getting in here I had a key made like two days ago when you was at the shop," he said looking at me with a smirk on his face. This mutha fucka I thought to myself.

"Too hectic for you to pick up your fucking phone and call or to shoot a quick text, bullshit Kane ," I said sitting back on the bed. I felt him burning a hole in the side of my face before I saw him shift in the bed.

He was now on top of me holding my arms and staring into my eyes. This only caused me to get lost in his. His once hazel eyes now appeared to be darker than ever. It almost looked as if something was on his mind, but if there was he'd never tell me simply because that wasn't Kane . He wasn't the nigga to open up and express his feelings. As far as he was concerned the streets took any feelings he had left.

"Im sorry ight ? I'll call next time I promise," he said to me. After not receiving a response from me he let my arms go and got back over on the other side of the bed. I focused my attention on the T.v forgetting he was there until his phone began to ring.

"Yo," he said into the phone causing me to get up and walk around the room looking for nothing in particular.

"Where yo ugly ass at nigga," Brandons voice boomed through the phone.

"I'm chilling with my lil baby right now wassup nigga," he said back through the phone causing me to shoot him a look. He only smirked.

"Nigga you ain't got no bitch so cut it," Brandon said back through the phone laughing.

I tuned them both out as I noticed his pants thrown across my floor which caused me to mumble curse words under my breath. I picked up his pants and began rummaging through his pockets. In an instant, he began watching my every move with a raised eyebrow. The contents in his pockets contained a knot of money, his wallet, and a crumpled-up Whataburger napkin with the name Charnae on it followed by a number. This caused me to frown and look up at him. he simply shrugged his shoulders, which seemed to piss me off even more.