seventeen

HELLOOO!!!! i hope ur all doing great!!

bout that last chapter...

anyway ENJOY THIS ONE!!

"nini please talk to me.", the curly haired boy says, sitting down on the bed.

i shake my head. my throat still feels tight and my eyes are watering. i'm wrapped up under a blanket, wearing a different, and dry, pair of clothes, my back facing ricky.

there are so many thoughts roaming around freely in my head. it goes from one to the next. i chew on the inside of my bottom lip, unsure of what to do right now.

my heart's just been shattered twice within ten minutes. i hear footsteps and am relieved for a moment, thinking ricky's leaving, but then i see him sit down on the opposite side of the bed, so he could see me.

feeling too lazy to turn completely around, i turn so i'm on my back and i groan, pulling the covers over my face to hide me.

"nini.."

"ricky can i please just—be alone?", i ask, taking the covers off of me.

he nods and gets up, walking out of my bedroom. he shuts the door behind him and i turn on my side, bunching up the blankets by my face as more tears begin to fall from my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i open my eyes, my face feeling tear stained. i rub my exhausted face and grab my phone off the side table. it's late afternoon and i have messages from all my friends...

asking for updates on ricky.

i press the facetime button on our groupchat and prop myself up, holding my phone in front of me.

"hey—", red takes a breath, "i take it we're not getting a...good update?"

i wipe my eyes with the back of my hand, shaking my head, "nope."

"what happened babe?", carlos asks.

i let out a sad chuckles, "turns out...ricky's engaged to lily."

all their jaws drop and i bite my lip, trying to prevent more tears from falling.

"what! i'm gonna kill this man!", carlos complains, "what in the world?!"

i shrug, sucking in a breath, "yeah...i don't know. i saw it on his instagram and then confronted him. but now—that's the least of my worries. how's ej?"

"kinda in and out...he woke up this morning but then fell back into...sleep i guess?", ashlyn tells me and i nod.

"as soon as the hurricane is done, i'm coming home.", i say, "i don't want to be here anymore."

they sadly nod their heads at me, trying to give me comforting smiles.

"i'll let you guys go. keep me updated."

i wave goodbye and the facetime hangs up. i fall back down on my bed and look at the ceiling while everything begins to become blurry from more tears building up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's around dinner time now and for the whole day i've been locked in this bedroom, off and on crying.

ever since everything, my emotions have been a mess...flowing through my body every minute.

i hear a knock on the door and i pull the covers off my face, looking ahead of me. i see the curly haired boy peek his head through the door and i immediately look away.

"nini i know you're mad but can you please eat dinner? you haven't eaten all day.", he says with a sigh, "i made a cheese pizza."

my stomach is in fact growling but i hadn't felt like eating all day. the thought of food made me want to throw up. but pizza sounded okay.

i slowly sit up right, blowing air from my nose, "i guess."

he backs away from the door and i get out of the bed, stepping onto the cold floor. i begin walking into the kitchen where i see two plates, each with a slice of pizza.

i sit down across from ricky and we both begin to eat our food. it's completely silent, besides the news channel that's playing in the background. as i'm taking bites of pizza, my ears are listening to any storm updates.

"according to meteorologists the hurricane has now become just a tropical storm over bora bora and looks as though it is almost off the island. the only damage reported has been fallen trees and a couple power outages. the bora bora airport will be opening up within the next few days. booking flights is now open.", i hear a news anchor ramble on the news.

i stop eating abruptly, picking my phone up off the table.

"what're you doing?", ricky curiously asks.

"getting a flight out of here.", i mutter, typing on my phone.

"don't you still have like- almost a week left?", he questions and i look up.

i let out a sharp breath, "ricky...in the most respectful way possible, i do not want to be here anymore with you. and ej is in the hospital and—"

"wait what?! he's in the hospital?", he interrupts.

i run my hands through my hair, "that's another story, okay? but...i'm leaving."

he silently nods his head and i continue in the process of booking the flight. about ten minutes later i finally book a flight that'll leave in two days.

two days.

that's it. two days and then i can just...go home and go back to normal life.

which means forgetting ricky even exists.