thirty

SOMEBODY. HELP. ME.

{a year and a half later}

today...is the grand opening of roberts music production co. the employees can work from all around california...but i hope to eventually put other buildings around. but this one is the headquarters.

this afternoon i'm going to cut a ribbon to finally open it! since it's being advertised...everywhere...people are coming to watch and its being broadcasted on the news!

designers are there right now, arranging  all the last minute touches.

"i'm so excited!", i squeal.

ricky smiles at me and kisses my forehead, "i'm proud of you."

"i couldn't have done it without you kind sir.", i chuckle.

ricky walks back to stove, scooping pasta into bowls and sprinkling cheese on them before turning back around to me. he sets them on the table in front of me and sits down.

"i need you to help me decide my outfit.", i say, stabbing a piece of pasta and putting it in my mouth.

he nods his head, chewing on food, "what are my options?"

"i laid them out on the bed"

after we finish eating food and talking, we walk into our bedroom and i show him the outfits that are laid out. it's a hot day in la so i definitely chose outfit options accordingly.

the first option is a pair of loose, wide legged, ripped jeans paired with a simple, tight fitted, cropped top. white converse would be the shoes.

the second option is a classic sundress paired with a frayed jean jacket. for shoes, i would either wear the white converse or a pair of sandals.

i look up at ricky to see him chewing on his bottom lip as he stares down at the options. he looks at me, then back at the clothes, then back at me and so on.

i let out a small chuckle and he finally points towards an outfit.

"sundress with converse.", he smiles, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me in.

he kisses the side of my head and i turn around in front of him, standing on my tippy toes to hug him tighter and lay my head in the crook of his neck.

i take in a deep breath and smell his cologne which makes me happily sigh. i smell it when i'm hugging him all the time and it makes me feel safe and at peace.

he's my home.

"i love you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's nearing time for the grand opening and ricky and i just arrived at the headquarters. i can see crowds piled around in front of the doors where a small podium stands with a microphone attached.