Nightmares

With everything that happened regarding Vecna and the upsidedown, it took a while for you and your friends to clear Eddies name however it took even longer to get him in the right mindset to leave his caravan.

Eddie had been dreading going into the real world after the bats attacked and you promised to stay by his side and help him no matter what. He begged you to go hang out with friends and have fun, telling you that you shouldn't be wasting time helping him when he 'didn't need it'; but you saw right through him and you knew that deep down he needed someone to care for him.

It was another night at his place, His uncle left for work ages ago and you and Eddie were held tight in each other's embrace as you both drifted to sleep. 

Hours passed with no interruption to your sleep, but a loud gasp and the bed shaking a bit woke you from your peaceful state.

Slowly opening your eyes you lean on your elbows for support as you look at the sweaty man next to you. Eddie held his head in his hands as he repeated words to himself. His breath was heavy and his body was trembling in fear.

You were quick to his side, a hand resting on his back while the other grabbed hold of his hand placing a soft kiss on his knuckle, "Hey" you whisper to him, he refused to look at you, something he did a lot when he felt like he was going to cry.

"It's ok, your safe here I promise. Nothing can hurt you" You reassure him rubbing his back with slow gentle motions. "You don't get it, it was- it was so real" His voice shakes as he speaks and he hides his face away from you more "Shhh, it was just a dream". 

"I thought I was going to lose you" He sighed "They- you were there and" you could hear him start to panic "And you begged me to stay and I...i just" He tries to tell you of the nightmare, clearly struggling.

You tuck some of his hair behind his ear and lightly move his face to look at you, his lip quivered as tears threatened to fall. You bring him into a hug, his head resting on your chest as you play with his hair. "It's ok, you can cry you know. You don't have to hold it in" You tell him and soon enough you could hear his silent sob as he buried his head in the crook of your neck.

You wrap your arms around him, continuing to comfort him as he cries. "Those bats are gone, nothing will hurt you now. I won't let it" You tell him.

His arms wrap around your waist and you slowly lay both of you down, his crying had stopped but he refused to let go of you, you didn't mind, of course. 

Soon enough you could hear a light snore escape his lips, his arms still around you tight as he lays peacefully sleeping. You continue to play with a few strands of his hair thinking about how lucky you got to still have him with you.

"Goodnight, my love" You whisper to him.

You didn't fall asleep for another hour just in case he had another nightmare however eventually you fell back to your slumber. Returning to the same way you guys were at the start of the night, tightly held in each other's arms, nestled under the blankets of his bed.

A/n-

Cute little chapter- if you have any requests please let me know :)