Good times and bad

Kai's pov...

Nothing like the awesomeness of finishing college sooner than expected.

So I was now officially a graduate of college.

Couldn't wait to tell Hikaru.

It was evening and my parents were outwhen there was a knock on my door.

I opened my door to a police officer.

"Kai Fujioka, I have news of your parents.", he says "They were hit by a drunk driver"

At that my hand goes to my mouth as he enters and starts going on about the details.

After an hour my Uncle and Haruhi rushes in hugging me, but I feel so numb, shell shocked

I'm not sure what to do, or think.

What's gonna happen to me, what am I gonna do? Shortly after my Uncle gets here I'm frozen.

"Kai, can we get you anything?", my uncle says.

"Yea can you call Hikaru, I need him.", I say just wanting him here knowing he'll comfort me.

"Ya Kai I'll call him for you.", my cousin says.

Hikaru's pov...

My cell phone rings and surprisingly Haruhi's calling.

"What's up Haruhi?", I ask as I stretch "You never call me."

"You need to hurry over to Kai's now, she needs you.", Haruhi says upset sounding.

"Hey calm down, what's wrong with her?", I ask concerned.

"Her parents were killed today. She's in shock, and when it wears off she's gonna break.", Haruhi says still upset, "She must feel so alone right now."

"Then I'm on my way.", I say as I let her go and throw my shoes on as Kaoru enters.

"Kaoru, we gotta go. Kai needs us", I say firmly.

"What happened?", he asks.

" I'll explain on the way.", I say putting on my jacket as we exit for the car. On the way I tell Kaoru and we both tell the other club members on the phone.

When we arrive I run from the car into Kai's house as Haruhi opens the door as Kai stands up when I enter. Her skin is so pale, and she's expressionless. In that moment she looks so fragile.

"Hikaru.", she says as I wrap my arms around her pulling her close as I feel her body shaking before she breaks down in tears and sobs.

"It's ok baby, I've got you.", I say kissing her head as I lift her up and sit down with my sobbing girlfriend in my lap her head buried in my shirt as Kaoru enters and starts talking to Kai's uncle and cousin.

Eventually the rest of the club arrives but Kai stays against me. She's broken. I stroke her hair as Kai is bombarded by calls she not in a state to deal with, as Kyoya, Ranka, and Haruhi stepped up and dealt with it.

When she calms down, she doesn't make a move away from me, just stays close cuddled against me as I stroke her hair while Kaoru puts a blanket over her and eventually she falls asleep in my arms.

"Ok so here's the situation, Kai has to move. The land lady wants her out saying a minor can't live here alone, and she won't rent to her because she's a minor.", Kyoya says as he adjusts his glasses.

"It gets worse Kai's american Uncle's trying to get custody of her and drag her to the states so he can keep the insurance money.", Ranka says.

"My reports indicate he and her mother never get along, and it's not safe for her because Kai's had multiple suspicious accident reports from visits when she was young.", Kyoya says.