Chapter 32- Fire, Fight And Flames

Kabir's POV...

Myra is sleeping in my arms... I wonder what could have happened today if I didn't reach the apartment on time. I can't risk it anymore. Not for Siya. Not for this little girl in my arms, who has somehow become the most amazing part of my life. I can't afford to leave Vivaan alive. He doesn't deserve a life. What kind of a man calls his wife ugly and useless during pregnancy, rapes her, hits her, objectifies her, abuses her, calls her his property and raises his hand on his very own daughter? This is too much. I have had enough. Siya and Myra have had enough. It's time to put a stop to it. I video call Fatty, Ava is sitting beside him, telling them the whole thing from the start.

"So, what should I do?" I ask them.

"End it," Ava says in a firm tone.

"What do you mean?"

"We'll kill him." Fatty too doesn't hesitate.

"We are talking about murdering someone. You guys serious?" I ask them.

"It's Siya we are talking about. Nothing else matters. Nobody hurts the person who is so important to all of us." Gaurav is determined.

"You're right." I agree.

"We owe her a lot, Kabir. We have to do this for her and trust me, that son of a bitch is not getting an easy death." Ava says. I do feel a little nervous. But, it's for Siya. I don't care about anything else.

"When do we do this?" I ask them.

"Tomorrow," Fatty says.

"What? How?" I ask.

"I have some criminal case studies, I got it from dad. You send her address. We'll see you tomorrow. And take rest, we've got a murder to plan." Ava winks. I thank both of them, send the address and go to sleep.

I feel something. Siya. She kisses me and tells me THANK YOU. I open my eyes and see her in the kitchen. My phone lights up. It's a message from Fatty.

-We're in Mumbai. See you in an hour.

-Thanks Fatty. See you.

I am amazed at how easily the three of us are ready to take someone's life. Without the slightest hesitation. All for her. We don't care whether it's right or not, what will happen, is it ethical? Nothing matters to us when it comes to Siya. Absolutely nothing. I have to send her away so that we can plan the whole thing in secrecy. Siya wouldn't approve of murder. She'd rather freak out. But, he has to die. He touched her. He behaved like an animal. He hurt my love. That's enough of a reasonable reason for me to end his life. I go to the kitchen, flirt with Siya and eventually make her leave. She looks upset, even though I didn't want her to leave, but it was important. I appreciate the way she treats me with due respect as her boss, even after I actually behave like a jerk sometimes. I call the headquarters of the bank.

"Good morning, Sir. How can I help you?"

"I need to track the activity of a system."

"Sure, Sir. Could you help me with the ID of the system's user, please?"

"I don't have the ID. But, the system belongs to Ms Siya Mehra."

"Si...Siya Mehra. The Managing Director?" I can tell that the guy's ass is on fire. Obviously, it's not a very ethical task to track the MD's system.

"Yes." I firmly reply.

"Okay, sir. An activity tracker has been initiated and the same would be visible on your device. Anything else, sir?" The guy asks.

"I would be glad if this word doesn't spread in the bank. Thank you."

"Certainly. Have a great day Mr Singhania."

"You too." I cut the call.

The bell rings. Luckily, I've somehow managed to put Myra to bed. Kids sleep a lot... I take a deep breath, I'm seeing Ava after five years and Fatty after three. We never got a chance to meet... I open the door and before I can absorb their long-gone faces, Gaurav jumps on me and we both fall to the floor. He feels lighter than before... Around my weight. I wrap my arms around him, he's on top of me, I can barely breathe because my lungs can't take in the air due to his weight but I don't give a shit. My best friend is here. I realise that he's crying, he gets off me and wipes his tears. I feel emotional too, but I can't cry... I'm happy.

"I love you asshole," I tell him.

"I love you more, my son." He says, I playfully punch him and get up from the floor.

"Kabbieeeeee" Ava hugs me tightly. I hug her back.

"You have changed." I look at her from top to toe.

"I'm gonna be a wife now..." She smiles at Gaurav.

"I'm happy for you guys," I tell them.

"Where's Siya?" Ava asks.

"I had to make her leave..."

We all sit and plan the murder. We decide to finish this before Siya arrives home. I keep checking on her work progress and I must say, she works really quick. She's already done with three out of the eight tasks I gave her and It's just been two hours since she left. We have to hurry. We all leave for The Imperia Bank. It takes us six hours to kill Vivaan, I make a few calls to cover up the shreds of evidence, and I pay a lot of people to make the thing look like an accident. Basically, I buy the whole department which could easily catch the three of us. I knew the fact that I'm not a serial killer, I've lived a decent, common and regular life until this moment. Now, I'm a cold-blooded murderer. I knew the fact that there's nothing called a perfect crime, if I left after simply killing Vivaan, the three of us would be easily caught and jailed. I can't afford that, Siya, Myra and I have a future to live, a life to live. The entire thing cost me ten million bucks, but at least my motive is accomplished. I don't want to think about whatever I did today. But, some things I'll never forget were, that Vivaan's body would have taken three hours to completely burn, but he felt himself getting burnt slowly and painfully for six hours straight, and he felt his body turning to ash. He died the most merciless, cruel and sadistic death the human race had ever experienced. Just like I promised him. He kept screaming in pain for six hours, banging on the closed window of his car. The smoke escaped from the slight opening of the window of the backseat. The smell of burning flesh filled my lungs, I was terrified as each moment passed, that I did all this. I am watching a man burn alive in front of me. The fire slowly engulfed him, I don't know how Ava managed to make it all happen. But, she told me, that if Vivaan doesn't have a painful death, there'll be no justice for Siya. I kept looking into his eyes as life slipped from his burning body. He kept looking at me with fear in his eyes. But, eventually, he stopped yelling, and the fire consumed him. His screams faded into the heat of the blazing light. I fell to my knees, I couldn't stand. I knew nobody would find out about this. But, how will I ever be able to look in the mirror, how will I ever be able to hide this crime from myself, how will I live with the fact that I am responsible for someone's death? The fire slowly dies... It dies along with the sensitive side of me, the side which used to fear the word 'death'. Everything has changed now. Gaurav snakes his arm around my neck and our heads rest against each other. Ava rubs my back. We all leave and to my relief, Myra is still sleeping. Siya calls me and I tell her that she can drive back home alone, when what I want to tell her is that now she's completely safe, that now she doesn't have to be scared anymore, that now there's no one between us. I cut the call...

I wake up and find Fatty and Ava in the kitchen, making out. They look good together, but nothing stands to competition between Siya and me.

"Enough." I look at them.

"Oh shit." Ava quickly gets down from the kitchen counter and adjusts her T-shirt. She looks embarrassed. I smile.

"You guys need a room," I tell them.

"We do." Fatty winks at Ava.

"I think we need to leave for the commissioner's office," I tell Gaurav.

"Yeah right." He says and we leave.

We come home, I kiss Siya. She's all mine and I'm all her's now. She finds out about the news and I am a bit thrown off guard when she immediately suspects all of us. I know she's not angry or sad about Vivaan's death. She is worried about us. But, she doesn't have to know what happened to him. She doesn't have to see that inhumane side of me, that even I didn't know existed. I hate that there is something I have to hide from her... But, it's for the best.