Chapter 46- Fire And Ice

Kabir's POV...

I honk. And I honk again. I've been honking for the past thirty-seven minutes. I get out of the car and go to the elevator. I reach her floor and ring the bell.

"The party is over," I yell.

"Coming." I hear footsteps approaching. Siya opens the door. I feel the contrast between us. The kind which comes when two opposites form a combination. Her red dress is a brilliant contrast to my blue suit. She's fire and I'm ice. I'm so lost in her...

"Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favour fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice." I mumble.

"What?" Siya asks.

"It's a poem by Robert Frost." I wink at her. Frankly speaking, I enjoy these rare moments when Siya is the clueless one.

"It's a very deep poem, I love it. What is it called?"

"Fire and Ice." I smile.

"When did you hear it?"

"Mum used to recite it to me, it's one of her favourites."

"That's cool."

"I know."

We leave for the party and I park the car. She looks at her face in the rearview mirror and sighs.

"What happened now?"

"I forgot to put eyeliner."

"Who cares?" I roll my eyes and she glares at me.

"Can you put it?"

"No," I say a bit too quickly.

"Why? Does it fuck your masculinity?" She says in irritation.

"It's not that, I just don't know how to do it," I tell her, she frowns.

"Okay, give it here.

"You sure?"

"I just have to trace the line along your eyelids, right?"

"Yup."

"I get hundreds of billions of dollars transferred daily. Drawing a line can't be that bad. I'm sure." I smile and she gives me the eyeliner, which looks like a stick. I open the thing and giggle. It's like a pen, it'll be easy. I place the thing on the corner of her left eye and realise that I spoke too soon. It's not a regular marker kinda pen. It's a brush pen. Damn. Fuck me. I reconsider the thought of applying her eyeliner but she smiles.