Aquaris 30

It is a strange feeling when your father tries to kill you. The same man who helped bring you into the world and raise you, ending you just as quickly. It's like painting a beautiful picture; adding on small details every single day. Filling up the canvas slowly with careful strokes. Then tearing the canvas and the picture in half. It is a waste really; pointless. Planting a flower, nourishing it, watching it grow. Stomping it down to the ground. It's all the same. The only thing to differentiate in these circumstances is the knowledge. A picture has no mind. A flower has no mind. They cannot feel the emotional pain. You can. You have the blessing and the curse of a conscious mind. You can feel the betrayal. You can feel the pain piercing through your heart like a million daggers. It is when you know that everything you have been shaped in to was a complete and utter lie. A waste.
There is a place between peace and rage that sets the mind into a powerful state. It's the point where reason disperses and instinct takes over. It can be seen as dangerous or as beautiful. Reason is what balances out instinct. With only reason, nothing would get done. The mind would reason forever, never making a decision for action. With only instinct, actions are unpredictable. It is the moment when the physical body is most connected to the brain. There is no knowledgeable thinking about actions. You shut down, and it happens. It is times such as these when we know humans have inner animal qualities. We have the capability to lose all form of human decency and commit unspeakable sins. It is a tragic beauty.
What makes it so beautiful is the rarity of it. It cannot just be done on command. It takes something special to cause it. So many things can occur during this underlying stage between peace and rage. Especially in a crazy world where mermaids exist. Who knows what could happen in a wacky world like that.
This is why I killed him.
My mind cleared and slipped between peace and rage. Instinct ruled me. I felt nothing. My eyes glowed with an unknown energy turning them pure red. Fire seeped through my veins. It flowed through the scales on my tail and chest, transforming their color to a scarlet red unlike any shade ever seen before. It overtook the blue color, staining it as if drenched by blood. Those extra powers Axarion said would reveal themselves when the time came right, suddenly unlocked. The fire running through me creeped out light tiny lighting tendrils of electricity. The tendrils grew and snaked around the room. Everything was happening in slow motion. Time almost stopped. My father did not get a chance to take one step in any direction. The only thing moving was his eyes. Through them I could see everything he was thinking. Shock at my extent of power, fear of his own daughter, and best of all the realization that he has lost. I felt every hint of his emotion flow into me. I could even see what he was seeing. I looked terrifyingly calm, but glowing with revenge. The picture of beauty itself staring back at me through his eyes. The energy grew, pulsing as it begged to be released. The tendrils covered the room sparking like electric eels. My eyes never left my father's. I wanted to see everything he saw, and everything he was thinking.
The tendrils heated up. I blew up everything in the room except for me.
Sunlight streamed down through the roof which is now destroyed. Finished, I swam up towards it.
Between peace and rage, there is beauty and tragedy. It's downfall is destruction. Always destruction.
But is that really a downfall?
____________________________________________________________
This is deep. Right?

I mean it is at the bottom of the ocean.

I'm corny, I know.