Aquaris 23

I cross my arms, sitting grumpily on a chair outside of Axarion's quarters. My face holds an annoyed pout and I stay quiet.

Axarion had sent one of his guards to my room to tell me the king has summoned me.

Really? Summoned? I know he's a king and all, but still. Being summoned is a little much. Especially since we are good friends.

Couldn't he of just said he needs to see me? I feel like I'm living in some mid-evil time setting. You know, where everybody is ruled by a king and their are knights and javelin fights. Accept I'm missing the night in shining armor. Do those people even exist anymore...?

"You may go in now." A guard, standing directly in front of Axarion's door speaks as he steps aside, not even glancing at me.

This made my blood boil like hot water even more. I hate being told what to do and when to do it.

Rolling my eyes, I abruptly rise and jerk open the door. I guess I never really lost my teenage attitude. I let the door slam behind me and I continue into the room. The sight of Axarion sitting on a couch like cushion catches my eyes. But of course this only makes me more annoyed.

I swear I can be really stupid sometimes.

He greets me with a smile. But before he can say anything, I let loose.

"What's with this 'summons' thing!? Am I just some common mer who you go all 'I'm king and you will come when I call' on?!"

As I start my rant, Axarion's smile flips to a frown. And he stares at me with no emotion.

And then you make me wait out there forever, yet when I come in it looks like you've just been sitting here purposely making me wait!! I bet what you called me here for isn't even important! Don't you think I have better things to do!? Like, I don't know, train, spy, save the world!!!!-"

I am cut off when Axarion stands up suddenly, and pulls me to him. Our lips crash into each other.

Surprise flashes through my head. But it turns to pleasure as his lips trail over mine. I begin to kiss him back and our lips move in sync. I can feel sparks flashing all over. He holds me in his arms and I raise my hands to wrap them around his neck. After a few seconds, he pulls away and looks at me directly in my eyes.

I return the gaze and look deep into his own eyes. They are soft and filled with care.

He is the first to speak. "Now, would you like to hear why I have called you here?"

I simply nod. I'm afraid if I tried to talk I wouldn't be able to.

He smiles and let's go of me, motioning for me to sit on the couch. I do and he sits down next to me.

"First of all, I had my guard send for you because I was arranging something. Second, I had just sat down when you came in. I had no intentions of making you wait that long, and for that I'm sorry. And lastly, you look very hot when your angry."

Guilt rushes through me for yelling at him earlier. But his last comment made me blush beyond belief. Not to mention shock me. Did he purposely want me to be speechless even longer?! Now that I think of it... Who wouldn't.

"And the reason I called you here for. I realized ever since we got here, to the kingdom, that we haven't spent a lot of time together, and I wanted to make up for that. So I have made arrangements for you and me to go to the zoo, or as we call it, the Aquilie museum. You can see most all of the ocean creatures down here, there. I thought you'd enjoy it since you seemed to interested in the jelly fish before. That is, if you want to go."

I squealed and lunged forward to hug him. "Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to go!" I love animals!!!

He chuckled and untangled my arms from him. He was just about to say something when my eyes clouded with guilt, and before he could say anything, I blurted. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

He smiled, amused. "It's perfectly fine. Don't be sorry. Like I said, you look hot when your angry." He winked at me.

HOLY GOLDFISH HE WINKED AT ME AND CALLED ME HOT AGAAIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to faint!!! Wait, I'd better wait until later to do that. It would be embarrassing.

Looking down I tried to hide my blush, but failed miserably. "When do we go?"

"As soon as your ready."

"I'M READY! I'M READY!!! LET'S GO!!!!!!!" I shrieked.

Axarion laughed. "Okay! Off we go then!"

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the door.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*******************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm bouncing practically out of my tail. And probably embarrassing Axarion. But every time I look up at him, he is just smiling down at me.

We have arrived at the Aquilie museum and are on our way inside the gates. I look around, and everywhere I see cages with various sea animals inside. Smaller fish have glass cages so they won't escape, while the bigger ones are in large metal barred cages. Along with many mer's swimming all about, busying the place.

I spin in circles trying to look at everything at once. Axarion grabs my arms and forces me to stop. "Woah there Aquema. Don't make yourself sick! We have plenty of time to see everything."

I can't help but return the warn smile he is beaming down at me. "Okay."

He takes hold of my hand, sending tingles all the way up my arm, and leads me over to the closet cage on our left. "This is a Pencon."

The creature inside looks like a mixture of a giant clownfish and a sword fish. "Wow... It's like a nemo warrior!"

Axarion gives me a confused look and I just shake my head. "You really need to get more advanced down here."

He just shrugs and we carry on. Next is an adorable thing somewhat like a black seal, just with gills and a long flowing back fin. I look at a small plaque positioned on the front of the cage. It read Lifnon. This must be a Lifnon.. Whatever that is.

We venture all around and see hundreds of sea animals I never knew existed. It's all so fascinating! I've seen things as tiny as a grain of rice, to things as big as a school bus!! I'm so grateful for Axarion bringing me here. Speaking of Axarion, I'm having a real fun time hanging out with him! We got some lunch at a snack bar, and joked around all day!

We were just about to head out, when I had to go see the Lifnon one last time. I've already went to visit it at least five times, and it is by far my favorite creature here! After all, it is really cute. "Wait! I have to see the Lifnon one last time! Pleeeeeeeaasseeeee? I'll only be a second!" I jut out my lip, putting on the cutest pout I could muster up.

Axarion sighs, giving in. "Alright. One last time. Hurry up though. I'll wait here."

"Yay! Thank you!" I hear him chuckle behind me as I speed off toward the direction of the Lifnon. I reach the cutie pie and it swims in a spiral, almost as if to say it is glad to see me!

"Fancy seeing you here." A voice pokes into my thoughts. I turn to see who spoke to me.

Lankris is standing just to my right. It surprised me at how close he is and I jumped. He looks amused.

"Hey!" I smack his arm. "Don't scare me like that!"

He raises his hands in surrender. "Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you."

I smile. "Well what are you doing here?"

"Same as you. I've come to see the animals."

"Sweet! This one here is my favorite! It's so-" I turn back to the Lifnon just before I am cut off.

"Whose this?"

I turn to see Axarion swimming up to me. I thought he was going to wait for me at the gate?

Almost as if he read my thoughts, he answered. "I came to see what was taking so long."

I nod in understanding. "This is Lankris by the way." I motion to Lankris, who is now eyes Axarion guardedly.

Axarion returns the same look to him, before Lankris breaks it.

"Well I've got to be going. See you around Aquema!" He smiles a heart throbbing smile at me before turning to leave. I feel Axarion stiffen beside me. He doesn't look too happy as he glares at the retreating figure of Lankris.

"Axarion?... Are we going?" I speak up after he makes no move to leave.

His eyes jerk to mine. They soften and loose any strange look which he was giving Lankris. "Huh? Oh right, yeah, let's go."

I nod and follow him towards the gates.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have arrived back at the kingdom and Axarion is swimming me to my room.

"Thanks for taking me there Axarion! I really had fun!"

He smiles down at me, which he has been doing a lot of lately. "No problem. I had fun too."

I smile back yet again, and start to enter my room.

"Aquema." Axarion calls my name and I stop to look back at him.

"Yes?"

He pulls me to him for the second time today, and just like before, our lips crashed together.

I didn't hesitate to kiss him back this time, yet I was still taken off guard when he kissed me. His kiss is filled with such passion and caring I and left breathless. He pulls away way too soon, and before I can even gather my thoughts, swims away and around the corner, leaving me just standing there, in pure awe and shock by the wonderful kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAY GUYS. :D

Sorry yet again. It's taken me so long to update! I've been getting ready for vacation and getting lots of schoolwork done.

By the way, I'm going to be out of town next week and won't have wifi. So I won't be able to update. :/ but hopefully it will give me time to have several chapters ready to upload. :) also... MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! :D 🎅🎄🎁

DO YALL LIKE THE UPDATE!?!?!?! OMG THEY FINALLY KISSED. AND THERE WAS LIKE, A STARE DOWN BETWEEN LANKRIS AND AXARION. OOOOOH KILL EM!!!!!!!!!! HAHA OMG I crack myself up sometimes...

:) welp kelp..

V+O+T+E
C+O+M+M+E+N+T
F+O+L+L+O+W

LUH YALLL!! <3333

-Go4girl