Aquaris 17

"You ready to go?"

Ugh. I barely can keep myself from growling at Quesia's nagging as I tug a strange sort of blue hairbrush through my tangled hair.

"Almost!" I manage to reply through my gritted teeth, yanking the hairbrush out of a horrible tangle.

We are getting ready to go to a ceremony of the making of a new certified. When a mer is 18, and has learned how to use and control his powers responsibly, the Seapoint Hall, (a building kind of like a town hall), holds a special ceremony in honor of him or her. Apparently it's supposed to be really grand, whereas the whole city will be almost abandoned since about everyone will be at the ceremony.

I'm pretty excited to go because of the fact that one day, I will be having a ceremony such as this one! With even more luxuries because of my level. But of course my long hair would choose this time to become a horrid wreck. Why is it whenever you're in a hurry, nothing seems to go right?

"Aquema, come on!!!" Quesia hollered to me, now sounding quite impatient.

"Ugh, coming!" I had gotten the main tangles out of my hair, but not all. Well at least the water helped make it look more tamed.

Swimming as fast as I could, I met up with Quesia as she was already heading down the main hall of the kingdom towards the giant doors.

Quesia was muttering something under her breath. I couldn't make out what she was saying but at this point I don't really care. I just rolled my eyes and continued on silently. Which is very hard seeing I have about a million questions floating through my mind.

Swimming through empty streets, we passed the Shell cone shop. Even that is completely empty! Wow. The city really does look abandoned,

Finally, after a good, tense, 15 minutes, we stopped in front of a rather large white marble building.

This must be the Seapoint Hall.

It's looks rather grand from the outside. Not as grand as the kingdom of course. But still, with it's white marble exterior, and gold pillars, this place does have a certain sophisticated glow to it.

"I don't think it's already started." Quesia finally spoke up, breaking the silence as she now began to get excited also.

She opened a large golden door and peeked inside. She pulled her head back out and nodded to me. "We have a few more minutes before it begins. Come on. Let's get some refreshments and find us some good seats."

"Okay sounds good." I swim in after her, taking in the beautiful Seapoint Hall.

It may have been good looking on the outside, but on the inside, it is even better!

The high ceiling is pure gold, matching the floor and window frames. The walls were of the same white marble as outside, but it's decorated with what seems so be some sort of portraits of kings from before.

Up at the front of this large room, is a stage with a golden desk in the center back. A railing of gold metal art lines the stage, with an opening right in the front for passage. In the middle of the room, there are golden benches. It's a perfect seating arrangement for anyone to be able to see what is going on up on the stage.

"Aquema! Over here." I startle at Quesia's call as she beckoned me over to a long table along the right wall.

I make my way through the mass of mermen and mermaids to get over to her, saying many, 'excuse me's and 'sorry'. I finally was able to reach her and saw what was placed on the table.

Food.

So much wonderful food!

The smell wafting off of all of the goods seeped into my noise.

Ugh. Heaven.

Just then my stomach growled.

Wow. Perfect timing. No one seemed to have noticed... But still.

I sounded like a dying whale.

I wonder if they hear a lot of that down here....

Oh right, food.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at Quesia's shell plate. It was stacked high with delicious looking sweets. And she was still piling.

She glanced up at me confused as if she didn't know what is so unusual.

"Do you plan on eating all that?" I asked raising an eyebrow, amused.

She looked to her plate then back to me. "Well yes. Why is it too much?"

She didn't seem to sense anything odd or anything about the amount of food she has gotten.

"Oh no. Not at all." I managed to say while stifling a chuckle.

She just shrugged and carried on.

I began to get a little plate for myself right as I heard a voice come above all of the others rumbling around the room. "Please take your seats as we are about to get started."

I looked up to the front of the room to see a middle aged merman holding something resembling a microphone.

"Hey we gotta get our seats now." Quesia tried to tell me through a mouth full of food.

Shoot. I didn't even get to get me any food.

Ugh I'm starving.

We made our way through the crowd again and managed to get us a pretty good seat near the center left.

Just as we sat down, the ceremony began.

The merman began a short speech as he stood at the front of the stage. "First I want to start off by saying thank you all for coming to this ceremony of certifying a new skilled. The skilled are a very important part of us. They are the root of all our city. They build the houses, run the shops, and protect us. It is a great honor for a new skilled to be pronounced. I am very grateful for being here to preform it. Well without further a due, let us continue the ceremony!"

There were woops and hollers from the crowd as he closed his speech. Skilled must really be appreciated around here.

"Phenton. Come on up please." He called out as the noise died down.

A young looking merman with a yellow tail rose from the very front bench, looking very bashful, yet confident. He swam onto the stage to stand alongside the speaker.

"Phenton here has served his city very well. He has honored every wish of our ancestors and is very faithful to his duties. Trust, and loyalty are Phenton's best and strongest features. There is no doubt he will make a great skilled and honor the name. If there is anyone here who has a reason or rejection to his certification, let him speak up now or forever be silent."

Phenton got a little worried look on his face as he scanned over the crowd, as if hoping no one would say anything.

But no one did. Phenton seemed to be the perfect mer to become a skilled.

The speaker smiled and continued. "From this day on, Phenton is a certified skilled. And I grant you this certificate as proof of this day." He handed Phenton a tan piece of paper neatly rolled up and tied with a glowing yellow ribbon.

Phenton was beaming with pride at this point. I can't help but feel a little pride in me too to know that such a great mer is serving in my city.

Suddenly the whole thing was over and mer's were getting up to congratulate Phenton.

Quesia rose and rubbed her quite full tummy. I grabbed my starving one.

As we got ready to go, I dart over to the food table, hoping to get something to satisfy my hunger.

But the table was completely empty.

All the food was gone.

Eaten.

Ugh. Why do these things always happen to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM BAAAAAACCCCKKKKK :DDDDD

Yeah I know this isn't a very long chapter. But I'm working on filler chapters like this one so I don't rush the interesting stuff in this story.

What do y'all think?

OH GOODY CHEERIOS GUESS WHAT!?!?!? I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU TO DO!!!

Ready for it? Huh? Huh? HUH?? Haha well here it comeeeesss!👇👇👇

To prove you are a real fish people, this is your quest! You must go up to a stranger and simply say "I am a fish people..." In a serious tone. Then slowly back away. THEN COMMENT WHAT THE PERSONS REACTION WAS!!!! :D does it sound fun? I hope so. Haha yum.

Oh, and I was thinking about telling y'all my Instagram... Should I? I mean I'm pretty self conscious of my writing and I don't know how it would go if you knew who I am... What do y'all think? :/

Welp kelp!

VOTE FAN COMMENT FOLLOW⏪⏩WOLLOF TNEMMOC NAF ETOV

Love y'all!
<3333333

-Go4girl