Aquaris 16

Quesia's comment about other mer's possibly wanting me dead has frightened me. It angered me at the same time. If I'm going to save them, how could they want to kill me? That's just insane! I'm risking my own life in helping them.

Quesia and I decided to stay close to the kingdom, just to be careful. But really, anywhere we go, I won't be safe. For all we know, there could be one of the guards in the kingdom that doesn't like me being here!

After we reported what happened to Axarion, we went to my room.

Quesia turned to me. "Hey I have an idea. It's just something I want to show you. Follow me!"

"Ok." I swam after her, through the kingdom. She lead me up a winding staircase I had never seen before. It's rails of pure gold, twirled along the steps. The walls stretched far above my head, making me dizzy just from trying to see the ceiling.

"Just thought this door..."

She held a wooden door open for me. Yes in this giant kingdom of golden doors, there is finally, one single wooden door.

"..And we are here!" She smiled at me as we entered the door.

Woah.

We aren't in a room. It's the top of the kingdom! The section we are at is just a portion of the roof, but none the less, it's big. A tower of marble is blocking where we are, from the rest of the roof.

I carefully look down below. From this point, I can see the whole city. From the entrance gates where four guards are standing at attention, to the edge of the gigantic aqua garden on the left, to the last of the numerous buildings on the right.

How can it ever get any more spectacular than this?

I spoke too soon. Quesia then swam up beside me, please with the look on my face.

"You're looking the wrong way." She pointed upwards.

"What?" I starred at her confusedly.

"Look up."

I did as she said, and you may as well have taken my eyes and burst them from beauty. Upwards, I could see little white glowing things, amongst one large one. They seemed to swirl in the water, leaving green, purple, and yellow streaming flowing where they passed. The one large one stayed put, but also cast a giant ray of flourishing gold burning into the water, ever so peacefully.

"What are they?" I ask Quesia in less than a whisper, without taking my eyes off the beautiful things.

"The stars, and the moon."

"But.... How can we see them this far away? And how do they glow different colors and move about like that?"

Quesia looked at me with wonder in her eyes. "That one, I don't even know Aquema. I have found one mystery that I can't even solve. But the wonderment of something so amazing excites me."

"Wait... Where are the demcis? Why haven't they come out these last few days?" Maybe they went away! Maybe we don't have to have a battle!

Quesia shook her head. "They only come out once or twice a week."

"Oh." My hopeful spirit faded.

It's amazing how the sky, -or the water up above, can go from containing evil, horrid creatures such as the demcis, holding death itself. To this glorious sight I wouldn't miss for all the clams in the world. If only it would stay like this forever.

We lay down on the roof and spent forever looking up at the stars and moon. The peacefulness was like the quiet wind blowing through a country field on a warm summer day.

The stars hypnotized me and tugged me into a deep sleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^********************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Aquema! Quesia!"

I sat up with a start as I hear Axarion burst through the wooden door, with two guards following him silently.

"What is it? Is everything ok?" I ask, still half asleep as I shake Quesia to wake her.

"No something is very wrong."

"What is it?" Quesia yawned.

"Some guards found Sespin dead this morning out side the gates of the city."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"WHAT!?"

Quesia and I are both standing, and wide awake now, staring with our eyes bulging at Axarion.

"He was stabbed onto one of the stalagmites. But not only that. He had major bruises on his arms. Almost like he had been tortured."

"Oh my... But.. How?" I am barely breathing from this news.

"I don't know. Nobody knows." Axarion shook his head. "It might have been the demcis, but they usually eat the mer's or turn them into one of them. And I can't think of anything else that couldn't happened."

Quesia looked deep in thought. "He wouldn't have done it himself. He was too desperate to live when we were fighting him. Besides, he's always been a coward. He wouldn't have been able to force himself to do it."

"Exactly. Which can only leave us wondering." Axarion grumbled with the frustration.

I spoke up the thought that I know is going through both of their minds right now. "What if... What if there is something else out there... Something no ones ever seen before.."

Axarion nodded. "And who will its next victim be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OLAYY :D

Sorry I didn't update sooner. I was going to last night, but I fell asleep. Haha. And then my bro woke me up at 1:00 in the morning to tell him where his phone is. -_-

Whaaaat is up with guys? Haha this one dude I haven't seen in years, remembers me, but doesn't remember his crush (my friend) he had back then! XD lol

I want to sing a song. WE ALL LIVE ON A YELLOW SUBMARINE!! A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!

Ok, yeah, I'm done. Hehe

Weeeell

VOTE VOTE VOTE

COMERNT COMERNT COMERNT

FOLLER FOLLER FOLLER

FAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

And a shout out/giant thank you for @teamleo4ever for commenting the most on my last chapter! Let's see who will do the most this time! :D

<333333333

-Go4girl