Oh.. He's Growling At Me Again

Hangnail:

those tiny painful, flaps of skin occasionally around your nail that hurt like a bitch.  You came to the conclusion that your life was like a healing hangnail… one that was constantly being bashed against things accidentally

Time sped up from the moment you had entered the car and reached your apartment complex. You stood by your open car door, barely clinging to the roof when your knees buckled; helplessly watching Namjoon take off across the parking garage to the stairs while you ghosted between reality. It was like you were having a sort of out of body experience as you watched yourself start to break down and dissociate, your walls that had protected you long enough to save Jungkook crumbling down around you. The shock had caught up to you, allowing just fragments of foggy memories to come in flashes. A grey void filled in where the darkness lingered. 

You only remembered standing outside of your front door next, the thundering of growls and roars from inside causing you to tremble with fear. 

For the second time. you actually feared your hybrids and what they were capable of.

Taehyung’s enraged growl that you could distinctively make out above the others sent a jolt of terror directly down your spine while you stood motionless. A deer caught standing outside the tiger’s den. 

Blankly, you stared at the door knob with an unfocused gaze before the door jerked open, Seokjin’s panicked face coming into view. Everything that happened next was blank. You weren’t even sure how you got inside the apartment, or why you were standing in the middle of the living room while their bodies moved around you in blinding blurs, your unfocused gaze locked on the hallway leading to your bedroom until Jin was shaking you, his worried tone and burning hot hands managing to rip your tearfilled eyes away from the hall to fall onto his distressed face. 

His lips moved, but static rumbled back in your head until suddenly everything came back, far too loud, the wool pulled from your ears all at once. The cloud over your vision dispersed as your breaths came in short bursts, no longer able to feel your fingers as they clung onto Jin’s shirt. The pain in your chest felt like a scoring anvil.

“Y/n, Y/n calm down. I need you to breathe.” You were pulled into the bathroom, the cheetah’s hand a firebrand on your shoulder. Sat on the toilet lid, a towel was placed to your head before he was drying your hair, muttering to himself while you could only stare down at your loosely balled fists. “He didn’t mean what he said, he’s just mad right now,” Jin added as a second thought to his muttering when you didn’t respond. The towel lifted so he could see your face, fingers pulling your chin up gently. “Tae doesn’t hate you, I promise. He’s hurting to see Jungkook hurting. He’s just taking out his anger in the only way he knows how. So what he said… though uncalled for.. Is understandable. Bengal’s aren’t pack animals.. it’s surprising to see he’s taken such a strong bond with our bunny.” The cheetah paused to hum, his fingers releasing your chin as he pulled away to toss the wet towel in the hamper in favor of a dry one. “Actually, because tigers aren’t pack animals, he’s just coexisting with the rest of us predators right now.”

You hadn’t a clue what he was talking about, relapses in your memory faltering within your pounding head. Screaming growls... Shattering glass… slamming door… 

“ ‘Wait here, I’ll get you something to change into before you catch a cold.” You barely caught his words before he draped the fresh towel around your shoulders and left, mind too focused on the flashes of spiraling images that didn’t seem to correlate, yet somehow fit together with their own missing puzzle pieces.