Chapter 2: "The Deal"

____________________________________________________________________

"A deal?"

Yoo Joonghyuk voiced his disbelief.

That was completely unexpected. He came here to say what he needed to say and then leave; he didn't want to be there any longer. However, it appears that his bride has other plans.

"Yes, a deal."

Kim Dokja can feel his hands trembling but keep them hidden because he can't show any weakness right now or ever. So he said, in a calm tone that belied his inner feelings.

"I want to propose a deal with you Your Majesty."

Yes, he must make a deal with Yoo Joonghyuk to live peacefully and, hopefully, return to his world. But judging by Yoo Joonghyuk's icy glare, it doesn't look like it will be simple.

"And what kind of deal would that be?"

For 5 days he was confined to his room. 5 days, he deliberated about what he would do to avoid the tragic end that awaits him in the future.

"5 years."

In 5 years. He'll be gone from this damned place in five years; forget about living quietly and enjoying luxuries; the moment the Emperor finds out he's a spy, he'll be killed, and those insane Concubines will jump on my neck the moment they see an opening.

The nobles established the rule that an Emperor cannot meddle in harem affairs to shield their children from the Emperor, but they had no idea that their children would turn on one another.

While this agreement does not protect Kim Dokja from the harem fight, it does allow him to defend himself against the Emperor and deal with those crazy concubines, even if he had to use the same method the novel Kim Dokja used.

"I know that my father and the noble faction have been a thorn on your side."

"And what that has to do with this?"

Kim Dokja looked up at the man standing in front of him.

"I will help you get rid of them in 5 years."