Chapter 4: "A Celebration or An Execution?"

____________________________________________________________________

The celebration is held in one of the main grand palaces. It's a palace with a large space in front of it. The Palace is surrounded by a lake and cherry blossom trees. The view is spectacular and can be enjoyed even when you are inside the palace. It's an excellent location for a celebration.

The Ministers and Officials that are part of the Royal and Noble faction will be there to show their support for their children. Other noble families will also be there.

Kim Dokja and Jin Woo arrived at the palace's main entrance. As the soldier announced Kim Dokja's arrival, all eyes were drawn to them.

Every person can't help but stare at the two. They can't help but think.

'How can anyone be this beautiful??'

Long black hair, pale porcelain skin, and foxy dark eyes that contains the stars in the galaxy. Red plump alluring lips that match the red hanfu the man is wearing.

It's their first time seeing the man entering the hall. The mysterious son of the Kim Patriarch. There's so little information about the man who became the Imperial Noble Consort of the Supreme Emperor. But now there is one thing they knew.......

'The new Noble Consort is extremely beautiful!!'

Kim Dokja can feel the stares burning his back but he is used to it. He just continued walking towards his seat while ignoring the stares that accompany his walk.

"It seems I'm not the only one who can't take their eyes off you, Your Highness."

Kim Dokja almost tripped at the unexpected comment from the man escorting him.

"Well, I think they're focused on your dazzling appearance Sir Jin Woo."

Dokja whispered to Jin Woo. He didn't know why would anyone focus on him he just thought that those stares that he feels because Sung Jin Woo is accompanying him.

Kim Dokja didn't notice the red tint that emerged on Jin Woo's ear. Kim Dokja just focus his attention on the front.

There are 2 rows of seats at the center of the hall, each row has seven Concubines occupying it. Above the two rows is a slightly separated higher seat reserved for him while the highest two seats above his chair are for the Emperor and Empress.

The Emperor and Empress seats are still empty, it looks like Yoo Joonghyuk is most likely not attending.

'Did he just dump the annoying job to me?'

Kim Dokja continued walking until he is in front of his seat. All the eyes are on him and he can't help but sweat a little at their intense stare. Slowly Kim Dokja sits on his chair and props his arm on the armrest while resting his head on his hand.

In the eyes of other people, the scene of Kim Dokja sitting on his chair looks like a Demon of Lust has descended and graced their lowly self with his presence and the way he nonchalantly sits in his chair, the look on his eyes as if he is staring at bugs he couldn't care less about. They all can't help the shiver that runs down their spine.

Jin Woo then moved away from Kim Dokja, but close enough to keep him in his peripheral vision and protect him.

Kim Dokja's gaze wanders around the grand hall. The music abruptly stopped, and the Concubines formed a line in front of him. Kim Dokja was taken aback when all of the Concubines bowed to him while maintaining a calm demeanor.