Chapter 3: The Everyday life of an Evil Consort

_

___________________________________________________________________

Kim Dokja can be seen enjoying a nice cup of tea in his new palace and reading some books. A few days have passed since his and Yoo Joonghyuk's wedding. They met a few times to officially finalize their contract.

Yoo Joonghyuk has been busy ever since as more and more Concubines are now entering the palace.

There are a total of 14 Concubines in the Imperial Harem. Seven of the Concubines are children from the Noble faction while the other half are from the Royal faction.

(The Supreme Court is divided into two factions. The Royal Faction, which supports the throne, and the Noble faction that is backing the Minister, the Kim Patriarch.

To help the Emperor the Royal faction also sent one of their children to become the Emperor's Concubine and help the Emperor in subduing the Noble faction behind the scene.)

As a tradition, the newly titled Concubines have to pay respects to the highest rank holder in the Imperial Harem, the Empress, who manages the Imperial Harem. Since the Empress's seat is empty the second-highest in rank the holder of the title Imperial Noble Consort will manage the Imperial Harem.

A grand celebration will be held the day after the new Concubines settled in their palaces. It's a way for the new Concubines to pay their respects to Kim Dokja as he is the Imperial Noble Consort now that the deal between him and Yoo Joonghyuk is a success and to welcome them to the Palace.

Or, to put it in another way, it's just another battlefield with flowery words that cut like a sharp dagger as their weapon, and for the others to figure out who their allies and enemies unfortunately Kim Dokja will be at the center of it.

'Sigh. What a mess..'

He didn't want to go but it's a tradition so he can't escape from it......

Does he have to bully the Concubines?? Since the original Kim Dokja did bully the other Concubines.... well bullying was a nice way to put it but now that he became the Evil Consort in the novel did he need to do it too??

'What will he even do??'

Kim Dokja looked down at the tea he is drinking.

"Should he pour some tea on the heads of the poor Concubines??..   After that should he laugh?? How will he laugh??"

Kim Dokja was so lost in thought that he didn't notice he is saying things out loud.

"Should I laugh like an evil mother-in-law tormenting his innocent daughter-in-law?? HOHOHOHO!! Divorce my son and I will give you 10 million won! .....like that??"

Hmmmm that didn't feel right... Should he try one more time? It needs to be more villain-like!

"Your face is so ugly cut of her head!! MWUAHAHA-"

"Pffft."

At the sound of suppressed laughter, Kim Dokja finally noticed that he is speaking out loud and worse someone caught him doing embarrassing stuff like evil monologuing.

Kim Dokja slowly turned his head, a VERY good-looking man is standing at the door. He can probably slap Yoo Joonghyuks face a hundred times. He can't help the blush he can feel creeping up from his neck to his face because of the shame of being caught mid-way to his evil monologue.

"Sir Jin Woo!! When did you get here!!??"

Kim Dokja means, 'how much did he hear!!??'

"Pfft- not too long ago Your Highness pfft- *cough* *cough* hmmm."

'He heard everything!! AAHHHH!! How embarrassing!!'

Kim Dokja wants the ground to just open up and eat him whole on the spot.... Kim Dokja covered his face with both hands like it can make him disappear and be one with the ground.

'He can't face him now!!'

Knight Sung Jin Woo. He is assigned by the Emperor to become Kim Dokjas Guardian Knight.

A commoner who got recognized because of his great talent for swords and became a knight. Because of his achievements in the war he's been given the title of Shadow Sovereign.

In the novel, he also became the original Kim Dokja's guardian knight. Young Sung Jin Woo falls in love with the young novel Kim Dokja when he unknowingly saves Sung Jin Woos mother from a disease.

When he became Kim Dokjas knight he swear loyalty to him that he is even willing to dirty his hands with the blood of the Concubines for Kim Dokja.

He is the first one to start a rebellion against the Supreme Emperor after he found out about Kim Dokjas's passing. But against the might of Yoo Joonghyuk, he eventually died a gruesome death.

Now that Kim Dokja transmigrated in the novel the one Jin Woo fell in love with is gone.....

And now that same Sung Jin Woo has caught him doing something embarrassing!!

Okay, Dokja takes a deep breath. It's normal for people to get walk in while their evil monologuing right?? ......right..?

'AHHHHHHHH!!! Another dark history got added to one of those embarrassing thoughts that will just pop out in the middle of the night to hunt him!!!!'

"*cough* Don't worry Your Highness your dark history is safe with me"

Sung Jin Woo 'helpfully' explains.

'HE SAID THAT OUT LOUD AGAIN??!!'

Kim Dokja glared at Sung Jin Woo but it has the same effect as a red panda trying to look threatening, in other words, Kim Dokja's glare looked cute from Jin Woo's point of view.

"Why are you here Sir Jin Woo?"

Kim Dokja just ignored what happened he didn't want to remember anything that happened in the past few minutes. If he didn't remember it, it did not happen.

Sung Jin Woo who had taken the hint answered.

"I'm here to inform you that it's time to get dressed for the celebration Your Highness."

'Ahhhh right the celebration he almost forgot.'

Kim Dokja slowly got up from his seat and walked to the small table near his bed. With his delicate wrist showing and pale thin hands he picked up a small bell and he shake it multiple times.

Not long after servants started to fill the room. They then help Kim Dokja to dress in his clothes and doll him up.

A red hanfu with silver lotus stitched at the sleeves is what the servants dressed Kim Dokja in. It makes him look seductive with his foxy dark eyes and red plump lips. The red hanfu is hugging his figure well.

It didn't take long for him to get ready and now it was time to show up at the celebration.

As Jin Woo laid his eyes upon Kim Dokja he can't help but stare at the beautiful sight in front of him. But they didn't have time to just stand.......

It's time to go on a battlefield.....

____________________________________________________________________