Green Finch and Linnet Bird (Part Two)

One shots (Namjun):

The early evening London streets were crowded, filled with horse drawn carriages which were taking people home after a long day of work, or beggars who were begging for money.

A young lamplighter was pedaling through the evening chaos, determined to get home after a long day of turning on and off lamps, just wanting to write in his journal.

He had light brown hair and green eyes, and was tall, standing somewhere over 180.3 centimeters, even taller than his father.

His name was Namjun Kim- the only son of Seokjin and Penelope Kim, along with the grandson of Anthony Heart, a famous English professor at a prestigious University.

He also had a younger sister named Adela, who was seven years younger than him, but she was currently at boarding school, so he didn't see her that often.

He missed having her around, sure, but he knew that she enjoyed boarding school, and didn't want to take her away from her friends.

At least one of them was enjoying their life.

He signed, before beginning to slow his peddling down, once he reached his street, thankfully losing the large crowds.

He didn't want to be a lamplighter, and felt trapped in his life- trapped in his fathers expectations of him.

His father was a lamplighter before him; before he retired from the job completely, and started working as a bartender full time.

The twenty three year old took over his fathers place when that happened- he was only sixteen at the time, but knew right away that it wasn't the life for him.

He wanted to be a famous poet someday- in fact, he loved writing, and wrote poetry in his journal at night, waiting until his parents were fast asleep.

He knew that they would never accept his dream of being a poet- or at least his father wouldn't, since he had the same expectations for him since he was born.

He wanted him to become a lamplighter like how he was, but Namjun already knew that wasn't the life for him.

He knew, though, that his mother and grandfather would support his dreams, but didn't want to bother them, since he was raised to be independent.

He still lived with his parents though, which definitely wasn't a good look for someone his age, but they were getting older- in their late forties- and he wanted to help take care of them.

His thoughts were interrupted by yelling, which was coming from the astrology center that was down the street from them.

"GET OUT!" He heard an older man yell out, before he pushed a young woman, who looked around his age, out of the shop, and onto the streets.

They made eye contact, ice blue eyes meeting green ones, before she just shook her head, beginning to walk down the alleyway; her back to him.

He just blinked a couple times, before he sighed again, getting off his bicycle, and propping it up against the side of the apartment building, next to his fathers.

He then walked into the back door of the apartment complex, disappearing inside the brick building.

If only he knew that the mysterious young woman was still looking at him.

----

Lily Andrews has loved astrology her entire life.

Her father was an astrologist himself, meaning that she grew up helping her father study the stars, and charting maps.