It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Author's Note: Nine more days 'til Christmas. If you know me in real life, then you would know that Christmas is my favorite Holiday (hence why I write all of these Holiday themed one shots lol). I'll see you guys next week!

One shots (Seokjin):

🎤 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Soon the bells will start.

And the thing that'll make them ring is the carol that you sing right within your heart.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Toys in every store.

But the prettiest sight to see is the Holly that would be on your own front door.

Sure, it's Christmas once more. 🎤

Seokjin Kim has always loved the Winter season.

He hated the cold weather, sure, but he loved the snow that came around, especially since he was the father of a six year old toddler.

His son, Namjoon, was actually born on Christmas Day itself, meaning that they celebrated his birthday and the Holiday at the same time.

Which always put a smile on the toddlers face, since he loved the Holiday, and was always spoiled a little too much by both his parents.

I mean, they loved him dearly and wanted to show him that- unfortunately though, this is where the problem starts.

This would be the family's first Holiday without the toddler's mother, Leah- she died in a car crash earlier that year, meaning that this would be a hard time for the family.

Seokjin, obviously, wasn't going to let this bother him, or affect his relationship with his son, but he couldn't help but feel a little stressed out.

Especially now that he was standing in the middle of a toy store looking at the many shelves of stuffed animals.

He sighed, failing miserably to hide his stress, while his dark brown eyes scanned the shelves, looking for something that his son would be interested in.

Christmas shopping had always been Leah's thing- which made sense, as she's always been more involved with the family, and was better at picking out the gifts.

Take their son, Namjoon, for example: she knew exactly what his interests were, and how to put a smile onto his face.

And that made sense, of course, since she was a stay at home mother, unlike her husband who worked a full time job.

Or at least he used to- since he was now working a part time job, so that he would have more time to take care of his son as a single father.

Which obviously wasn't easy, but he was trying his best, and was putting some money aside into an extra savings account.

He was still struggling mentally, though.

"Do you need some help, Seokjin oppa?" He heard a soft and familiar voice ask from behind him, causing a small smile to appear on his face.

He turned around, only for his dark brown eyes to make eye contact with the brown ones of Destiny Lee, who was a close friend of his.

She was only five years younger than him, with dark brown hair that reached her shoulders, and just so happened to work at the local toy store.

Which just so happened to be his son's favorite store, meaning that they were

regulars there.

That was how their friendship was able to survive over the years, and they found themselves growing attached to each other- nothing romantic, though.