Chapter 18: Jelly-Legs

Lee shrugged, "Well it's official your brother hates me."

Samantha walked back to Hogwarts with a defeated looking Lee and both Weasley twins.

"What happened." Samantha asked.

"Unfortunately there isn't much to tell. Your brother never spent any time with that group. Instead it was just him, Pucey and Warrington at Spintwishes just picking up stuff for tomorrow's Slytherin vs Ravenclaw match."

Fred's expression went green, "The conversations really just involved Quidditch and how much your brother wishes you kept better company. Honestly, your brother should get an award for the most creative insults."

"Oh no."

"I think my personal favorite was saying Lovegood was madder than a bag of nifflers." George chuckled.

"No, no, the best was when he called Ginny an Airy-Fairy and hoped that Gryffindor and Slytherin would play again so he could knock her off her broom." Fred gritted his teeth.

Samantha grabbed Lee's hand, he squeezed it softly.

"Actually we're both wrong. The best one was when he called Lee a sheepish little, ba-"

Fred shoved his hand over George's mouth, "There is a lady present."

"Sorry, we didn't find anything else out." Lee apologized.

Samantha shrugged, "It's alright. I appreciate it though."

The foursome began to pass the quidditch pitch.

"Well if you two don't mind, George and I are off to catch the end of Gryffindor's Quidditch practice." Fred waved to his brother.

"Then I suppose you are going to spend time with Angelina?" George shook his head.

"It is Valentine's day after all." Fred laughed.

"How is it I'm the best looking of us, and yet I'm alone for Valentine's day?" George asked as the two began walking towards the pitch.

"So how'd the meeting go?" Lee asked after the twins walked away.

Samantha raised her eyebrows. "Actually kind of amazing. I was really only there to read over Skeeter's shoulders to make sure she was keeping her facts straight. The stuff Harry talked about though."

"Rough?" He asked.

"I can't imagine what he's been through." Samantha shook her head. "I can't tell you much more than that yet, but it's honestly a lot. Wait till you read it."

"Well, I'm sure it will be illuminating." Lee smirked a little and kissed the top of her head. "Are you coming to the game tomorrow?"

Samantha nodded. "Of course. I'm hoping someone knocks my brother off his broom."

"You going with Ginny?"

"No, she's studying all day to make up for practice all day today. I'll probably go with Colin."

"Creevey right?"

"That's the one." She laughed. "Why?"

"Oh, you know." He rubbed his neck. "You two spend a lot of time together."

Samantha suddenly realized, she hoped Lee wasn't jealous of Colin of all people, "He's like the little brother I always wanted."

His shoulders left his ears and he breathed a little softer.

"I'm also going so I can hear the very handsome and funny commentator." Samantha insisted. He smiled at her compliment and the two continued into the castle to have dinner.