Chapter 25: Oh, I'm Samantha Fyre

The reaction to Lee's comment on the radio was not something Samantha expected. Nearly everyone she knew had heard the interview. Samantha was suddenly now interesting and cool enough to have made Lee Jordan, who was now making regular appearances on YWW&W, leave his heart behind at Hogwarts. Her past pranks and protests were being talked about again, and she wasn't sure if she liked her old reputation being brought to the surface. She was trying to leave it behind and be a mature focused student.

There was slight retaliation towards Samantha from a few students. A few younger Slytherin students had taken to making kiss noises at her when she passed through the hallway.

Elsie Overbast and Marietta had started loudly telling everyone that Samantha was a ruthless heartbreaker. Samantha refused to talk badly back to them, but she could, considering Marietta was the one who had gotten the Gazette banned and still had acne scars from betraying the D.A.

Ginny didn't understand why Samantha wouldn't be getting revenge on Marietta and Elsie. She was particularly angered one Saturday morning after hearing them loudly call Samantha a particularly ruthless term.

"You could have just jinxed her, no one would know. Hermione told me you picked up wand-less magic pretty quickly." Ginny remarked as they left the Great Hall. "Just one moment later and Elsie could have been covered in pimples like Marietta."

"She is just jealous that dating Lee never made her interesting." Samantha laughed, "And Marietta is just upset that I wouldn't let her back on the Gazette. I'd rather fight about important things."

"Fine, but I'm not exactly a fan of anyone picking on my best friend." Ginny commented to Samantha as they made their way out of the castle.

"Thanks Ginny."

Ginny remarked with an odd giggle back, "I could tell you without the radio broadcast, Lee isn't getting over you. When I saw him over the holiday, was constantly asking about you. Fred keeps wondering what kind of long lasting love potion you slipped him, he thinks it would sell incredibly well."

"Tell Fred that I'm rotten at potions." Samantha said in an un-sarcastic tone as they walked further onto the grounds. Ginny was going to Quidditch Tryouts and Samantha was on her way to meet Neville at the Greenhouses. "Trust me, I know Lee isn't over me. I just wish he hadn't aired it out for the world to hear. According to him, he didn't know they were asking the question so he panicked."

"You two still write?" Ginny asked. "Colin says you get a letter from him twice a week."

"We do, but it's not romantic. It's mostly business." Samantha rolled her eyes, "He may not be over me, but I am quite over him."

"Oh you are?"

"One hundred percent." Samantha lied. She wasn't sure if she was fully over him. It was the reason she couldn't stand being around romance or happy couples. All she could think about was how much she missed those little moments together. She knew she was better off not being entangled with him at the moment, but it didn't mean she didn't miss the happy moments.

"Excellent." Ginny giggled. "You know the next Hogsmead trip? Dean and I were talking, Seamus and Lavender broke up last year and we could totally do a double date."

Samantha felt her nose wrinkle, "You want me to go on a date with Seamus?"

"Ok, I know, he's not your type." Ginny laughed.

"He's really not. He's short, biased and it took him forever to believe Harry last year." Samantha shook her head, "Not to mention, he thinks Aiden Lynch is the best Quidditch player in the world."

Ginny stopped in her tracks before making a face. "Ok, no one is perfect."

Samantha coughed, "I'll have homework to do that that day."