ELEVEN | LATE NIGHT CONVERSATIONS

~

~

March 23rd, 1986

AS SOON AS THEY ALL GOT OUT OF THE BOATHOUSE, Juliana made sure that they were gone and checked to see if no one was around. There were no presence of humans anywhere so she sighed and closed the door. Turning around, she was startled by Eddie grabbing her waist and picking her up. "So, you wanna do that thing that Dustin told us not to do?" He asked with a big grin plastered on his face.

"Eddie!" Juliana exclaimed.

"I'm kidding." He said as he put her down, chuckling. He moved a strand of hair out of Juliana's face and lovingly stared at her eyes. "You're beautiful, Jules." He said and leaned forward to kiss his girl on the lips. Juliana smiled against the kiss and pulled him in closer.

"Hey." Eddie said, pulling away. "What do you say we go inside the house. It's more comfortable inside." He asked, brushing his hands against Juliana's arms.

"Are you sure it's safe?" She asked, a little bit unsure. It was kinda risky since some people would be able to see if someone was in the house.

"If we don't turn on the lights that much, I'm sure we'll be fine."

~

It was cloudy outside, so cloudy that it was almost dark outside. But it was nice, Juliana enjoyed cloudy days since it made her feel safe a little. It was already six pm she was starting to get tired from waking up early and not getting enough sleep. She sat on Reefer Rick's bed, her back against the wall while waiting for Eddie. He got out of the bathroom, smiling as he saw Juliana's tired state.

"You okay, sweetheart?" He asked as hopped on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled at him and rubbed her eyes. "I'm just tired." She sighed.

"Well, then go to sleep, love." Eddie replied. He was grateful that Juliana stayed with him but he didn't want to push her too hard to take care of him. He still wanted her to rest.

"Nooo." She whined. "It's still early I can't just fall asleep now, I don't wanna abandon you." She answered, making Eddie chuckle. He went to site on the opposite side of her.

"What's so funny?" She asked as he looked down and shook his head with a smile.

"Nothing, just..." Eddie stated as he started playing with one of his rings. He would always do that whenever he was nervous, happy, or just around Juliana. "Two nights ago I was staring at you getting mad at the boys while playing D&D and I was telling myself 'she's so beautiful, god I want her' but then I knew I could never cause, you know..." Eddie trailed off, standing up from the bed.

"What?" Juliana asked, completely confused at what he was trying to say.

He sighed, hesitating before speaking. "Freaks like me don't deserve girls like you." He said, awkwardly scratching his neck.

Juliana's face dropped as be said that. She didn't know why he would even say that. She never saw him as a freak. At first sight, Juliana only saw a sweet man who wasn't afraid of showing who he really was. He wasn't the problem, it was the others that were too prejudiced.

"But Eddie-" Juliana stood up as well and walked toward him. "-you're not a freak."

"No?" He asked.

"No." She breathed out. "You're just... you."

"How did someone like you managed to see me so differently?" He asked as he pulled Juliana in closer, making her squirm.

"Honestly? I just always see the good before the bad." She stated, wrapping her arms around his neck. "See, in other people, there's a balance between good and bad. Then there's you, just filled with good." She smiled but it soon dropped as she said the next sentence. "And then there's Jason Carver." Eddie laughed at the last sentence, hugging Juliana tighter. "Just filled with bad, I seriously don't know what Chrissy saw in him."

~

They spent the whole night just talking and enjoying their presence. Anytime Juliana would start talking, Eddie would shut her up by kissing her and it would lead straight to a make out session. Eddie felt way better and completely forgot about everything that was happening now that Juliana was by his side. It was almost like his problems would all go away whenever he was with her. And she felt the exact same way.

It was now very late and Juliana was seriously getting tired. She would slowly start drifting off but jolt her head but, accidentally hitting her head on the wall as she tried to stay awake. The young couple was on the bed, sitting against the wall side by side.

Eddie noticed and quickly wrapped his arm around her, gently pushing her head to his shoulder so she can sleep on it. "Rest, sweetheart." He whispered.

There was moment of silence after that, Eddie thought that meant that Juliana was already but she suddenly spoke up. "Where do you see yourself in a few years after you graduate?" She asked.

"With you obviously." Eddie quickly answered. There was no other right answer for him, the moment he saw Juliana, he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Juliana felt major butterflies in her stomach, but she was too tired to show her emotions. "There's a house not too far from here. It's abandoned but it's still solid. I'm gonna buy it one day and fix it up." Eddie said. "All it needs is a new floor. And new walls and a roof."

"Is that all?" Juliana asked, lifting her head up from his shoulder and grinning at him.

"Well, and plumbing and electric."

"And furniture." She added.

"Yeah, and furniture." He repeated, brushing his fingers against her face. "But it's right on the water and there's a barn up there, I could turn that into a music studio for the band."

"Well, what about me?" Juliana asked and crossed her arms. "Don't I get any say in this?" She jokingly acted annoyed.

"You want a say in this?"

She nodded. "Yes, I would."

"What do you want?" He asked with a smile.

"I want an old English-style house with big windows and a huge garden with its own creek so I can feel peaceful."

"Anything else?"

"Yes." She widely smiled and slowly got closer to him on the bed. "I want the attic to be a library so I can read and paint with the most amazing view. And I want my share in that studio, so I can play Bowie all day long."

"You like Bowie?" Eddie asked lovingly.

"He's only my favourite artist."

"Okay." He nodded.

"You promise?"

Juliana yelped as Eddie held her waist and guided her to sit on his thighs. She wrapped her legs around him and smiled.

"Mhm-hm. I promise." Eddie softly said before leaning his forehead against hers.