TWELVE | NIGHTMARES

~March 24th, 1986

~
March 24th, 1986

EDDIE AND JULIANA WERE WALKING SIDE BY SIDE, holding each other's hands as they took a walk around the woods. Juliana smiled at the man she loved and he smiled back. She never felt more peaceful than ever, but suddenly, the season quickly changed from spring to winter. In a blink of an eye, the beautiful trees full of green turned into dead ones, covered in snow. Juliana started to shiver, as she felt the cold winter breeze blow.

"Careful, sweetheart." Eddie said, putting a jacket on her. "Don't want you freezing to death."

Juliana looked at Eddie, seeing that his normal clothes were gone and he was properly dressed for the winter, while she still had her spring clothes on.

"Thanks." She casually said, wearing the jacket and zipping it up.

Eddie smiled and grabbed her hand again. "Come on. Let's continue our walk, shall we?" He said and they started walking again. He suddenly stopped as something caught his eye. "Jules, look!"

Juliana snapped her head towards where Eddie was pointing and froze as she saw what it was. A lake, a frozen lake.

"Come on, we can still skate without skates, right?" Eddie said as he pulled Juliana near the lake.

"Eddie, no." She tried to stop him but he kept on pulling her. "I'd rather not..." She said as she nervously stared at the ice, scared that it might break again.

"Why?" Eddie suddenly spoke up. "Afraid that you might kill me the same way you killed him?"

Juliana frowned as she felt something weird. "What are you talking abo-" She gasped when she turned around and saw the black-haired boy she once loved, his body and clothes all frozen. His nose and fingers were purple from the cold, his eyes clear like ice. Eddie was completely gone, there was only Jacob.

Jacob scoffed and started walking toward her. "Don't tell me you already forgot, Jules."

She screamed as she was suddenly harshly pushed by Jacob. The next thing she felt was her head hit the ice. "Ow!" She groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head.

Looking at her surroundings, she sees that she wasn't at Lovers Lake anymore. No, she was somewhere else. She was wearing different clothes, she had a different hairstyle, and she felt younger. That's when she realized this wasn't only a nightmare, it was a memory. She was fifteen again.

"Shit, Jules!" Jacob started skating toward the young girl. He crouched down and helped her sit up. "You okay?" He asked with a concerned expression.