SIXTEEN | CREEL HOUSE PT. 2

~March 25th, 1986

~
March 25th, 1986

JULIANA COULD'T HANDLE Steve and Dustin's constant bickering and fighting so she decided to leave them and investigate the house by herself. She did always prefer working alone.

After searching the house for a few minutes but finding nothing, Juliana saw Max going into the dining room so she followed her since she wanted to talk to her. "Hey." She walked up to Max as she stopped and turned around. "You feeling okay?" She asked, going next to her.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Max smiled as she turned on her flashlight and continued to look around the haunted house.

Juliana followed her as she heard the faint sound of Kate Bush through Max's headphones as the song kept repeating over and over. "I actually have something for you." She stated, unzipping her backpack and taking out many cassettes.

Max gave her a puzzled face, not knowing why she had those in her hands. "Before coming here I stopped my at my house and brought these." Juliana said, handing the tapes to Max as she examined them. "I got worried that you might get tired of Kate Bush one day, so I brought a few artists that I thought you'd like. Of course, most of them are artists that I like, since I don't really know your taste in music. You got ABBA, Blondie, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Queen and stuff." Juliana explained, rummaging through all of the tapes. "Just feel free to listen to any of these whenever you want. Oh, and I also brought and extra Walkman in case yours breaks one day."

Max couldn't help but just smile, happy at how much Juliana cared for her and the others. She was like an older sister figure to her whenever she had hard times with Billy. Max stepped forward, hugging Juliana tightly as she felt safe in her arms. It caught her off guard, but she still patted Max's head as she didn't know how to react.

Meanwhile:

"Hey, Dustin. You there?" Eddie said through the walkie-talkie. "It's Eddie. You remember me, right?" He started to get worried and angry as no one answered him. "Hey, if anyone's there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Jules? Anybody?!"

(bye-bye, Eddie 🫡 )

~

While everyone continued to investigate the house, Juliana gave up a long time ago. After her sweet conversation with Max, she tried to find some helpful things but there was nothing. She now sat on a dusty couch in the living room, arms crossed and legs crossed, lost in her thoughts. Well, a thought. She was thinking about Eddie and how she reacted towards what he said this morning.

I fucked up... She thought.

The young adult got up and was about to exit the room and join her brother but something caught her eye. She slowly turned her head as the lamp on the nightstand flickered and thrummed.

She walked towards it with a confused expression. How could the lamp work even though there was no electricity in the house? As she reached out to touch it, she suddenly felt another headache, but this time it was big. It made her drop the flashlight from her hand as the pain was unbearable. She groaned, holding her head as the headache became even more painful. As the pain got worse, the light flickered more intensely. 

At the same time, the headache disappeared and so did the light. Juliana wiped her fingers on her nose as she felt something drip. She looked at her fingers and saw that it was blood.

"What the hell..." She whispered. She was confused, scared, spooked up. She tried to process everything that just happened but it was too much for her.

She bent down and picked up her flashlight until she heard another sound of thrumming. She shot her head behind her, only to see another lamp flickering in another room.

When Juliana exited the living room, she saw different lights flickered towards a certain direction. It's as if they were showing her the way.

She called the rest of the gang to show them what she was seeing and they were all now surrounding a chandelier that was creepily flickering. They all stared at it, confused by what was happening.

"It's like the Christmas lights." Nancy spoke up. "When Will was in the upside down, the lights... came to life." She explained.

"Vecna's here." Lucas said. "In this house. Just on the other side."

"He's in the upside down." Juliana finished and the lights suddenly turned off.

"I think he just left the room." Robin stated.

"Did he hear us?" Max asked.

"Can he see us?" Steve asked as well.

"Headphones." Lucas quickly told Max to which she instantly replied. Neither of them wanted to go through that again.

"Wait, wait." Juliana said. "Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out." She told the gang as they obeyed.

"We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flash..." He stopped as everyone started to leave except for him. "...lights. Jesus Christ."

As everyone wandered the house individually, they didn't even notice that it was already pitch black outside. They must've spent like four hours in the house.

Everyone stopped walking as they heard Robin scream 'I got him!'. They ran towards where her voice was coming from. When the whole gang arrived in Robin's room, the light she had suddenly died out.

"I had him..." Robin corrected herself as Steve flashlight glowed.

"Oh, I think he's moving. He's moving. He's moving." He exclaimed and followed the light as the rest trailed after him. They follow it upstairs until it goes out again. Steve stopped in his track and sighed. "Shit. I lost him."

Juliana noticed a door beside them that was awfully fishy. "No, you didn't." She said and pushed open a door to the attic, revealing a dim light inside. She peeked up the stairs leading up to it and started going up with the rest of her friends following her.

"It's an attic. Of course it's an attic." Robin breathed out, getting a little scared.

"Hold up, guys." Dustin tried to stopped them but they continued to go up. "What if he's leading us into a trap?" He said but no one listened to him. "Guys, guys. Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit."

The gang arrived in the attic and gathered around the single lightbulb that was hanging down the ceiling as it pulsed with light. Their flashlight started to turn on as they all shared a confused glance.

"Okay, what's happening?" Steve asked as he started to get really scared.

A few moments later, all of their lightbulbs started shattering one by one. All of them covered their faces with their arms, trying not to get any glass in their eyes.

When the lightbulb on the ceiling exploded, everything went dark.

A/N: The reason my writing looks lazy is because I'm doing this at 2am. I'll probably edit later.