TWENTY | WATERGATE

~March 26th, 1986

~
March 26th, 1986

THE SUN IS NOW GONE. The night has fallen down Hawkins and it was dark, especially in the woods. The gang struggled to walk through the forest with only two flashlights and they were all getting very tired. Juliana and Eddie were feeling a little bit better after the conversation they had and were now walking together, holding each other's hands.

As she followed her little brother who was leading the way to the gate, Juliana looked up and stopped in her tracks, letting go of Eddie's hand as she stared at the sky, amazed. There were thousands of stars, lighting up the whole sky. She just stood there, opened-mouthed. Juliana never really got the chance to actually see stars because of the light pollution and she rarely went to the woods.

Eddie instantly turned around when his hand lost touch with Juliana's. He saw how astounded his girl looked which made him chuckle. He made his way towards her and looked up as well while she removed her headphones. "Nice, isn't it?" He asked her.

Juliana widely smiled as she enjoyed this peaceful moment. "It is. I never really had the chance to go stargazing with my family. It's hard to see them when you're in the city but wow, this is just beautiful."

Eddie chuckled and stared at Juliana lovingly. He saw the stars sparkle in her hazel eyes, making him fall in love with her all over again. He couldn't help but think how lucky he was to have a girl like her. It's not every day you see the freak get with miss popular. 

The long-haired man noticed that they were drifting away from the rest of the gang so he intertwined his fingers with Juliana's. "Come on, sweetheart. They're leaving without us." He said. She put back on her headphones and followed him as he pulled her to their friends.

A few more minutes passed and now the gang was officially dying of tiredness except for Dustin. He was still hyped out about finding a gate and he wasn't going to give up when he's so close. Juliana was now walking alongside Robin and saw that she was getting really tired. She couldn't even keep walking in a straight line, she was constantly bumping into Juliana.

The older teen groaned as she started getting tired as well. "Dustin!" She called for her little brother as she went next to him. "How much longer? It's night already." She told him.

"Yes, thank you, Juliana. I did notice that it suddenly became dark." Dustin sarcastically replied. "But we're almost there, trust me." The young boy assured his sister.

"You said that an hour ago, Dustin!" Juliana whined. "Everyone is tired from walking. I mean, look at Robin." She motioned to her best friend as Dustin glanced at her. She was very wobbly and kept bumping into Steve and Nancy. "I say we go home, call it a night and come back tomorrow." Juliana calmly suggested.

"What? No!" Dustin protested as he stopped walking.

"N-no?" She asked, incredulously.

"No!"