Kapalaran (Part 1)

April is always my favorite month every year because it's the only time that I have to visit my friends and family in the Philippines. Summer in pristin beaches with the most friendly people that I have ever met in my life, no wonder I'm always thrilled to be here.

Hey reader,  My name is Amber a halfling or so they say it here, Fil-Posh (Filipino-Polish) I just made that one up

Hey reader,  My name is Amber a halfling or so they say it here, Fil-Posh (Filipino-Polish) I just made that one up. HAha. I have spent most of my life in Poland. My mom, whose originally from Bacolod City told me she met dad while they were studying in Harvard University together. They were not quite good acquaintances at first but somehow they seemed to cross paths frequently in under weird circumstances maybe that's why they fell in love.However, GrandLa and GrandLo (that's what I call my grandparents here) call it "Kapalaran" (Destiny). Love.....by far is the most sweetest thing that every young lady like me would die of having. Have you experienced it?  The butterflies in your stomach everytime you see him? Sounds a bit cliche but it happens. You breathe faster and you blush unknowingly. I cannot fathom a more oddly feeling when you're with someone special like I knew.

"HOYYY! Tingin tingin naman diyan sa side mirror mo te!".

A middle aged man probably in his late forties riding a typical motorcycle shouted at my left end facing the driver seat of our car.Looks like he's about to explode like his bike.  It looks old fashioned and rusty and I can see scratches in parts of the frame and the left side mirror is crack. He might be late for work I think, he's wearing a white polo shirt with a government seal at the right of his shirt's pocket, he's gonna drown in his sweat and he's all red from this heat and from wearing a bikers helmet. An ugly site for me to look at tho. I hate that he popped my bubble. I was enjoying my daydreaming for a moment.

"Sorry po. "

I saw our driver gently bow down her head as a sign of respect. Good thing, she's in a good mood."Are people really this hot headed here Grace? It was not our fault tho. He clearly cut his way off here. "

"It's like you've never been here several times Dear".I look at my dad who's sitting at my right side looking at his laptop, monitoring the market sales of the company. He looks younger for a 58 year old. Sometimes people thinks he's my older brother evrytime we go to Biedronka. I even hate it that young women at my age seems to check him out especially when he attends PTA. I have to admit, my dad is good looking with his red hair and green eyes which I basically inherited from him. Mom on the other hand handed me her curls, talent and wit. "I know dad, I just hate that he ruined me daydreaming"."Of who?".He knows exactly who I meant."You know who we're talking about. I can't wait to see him".Daddy by far is my bestest friend but he knows there's one person that could top him off.

"Oh, I'm gonna scooch here in a bit, I need to sleep before you pour out your fairytale bubble again"

"You're a bad dad.HAhaha"Manila, is quite crowded and very hot but I don't mind it at all cause I will be visiting an old friend, he is my "Kapalaran". He lives in The Great Manor, somewhere in Laguna. It's a 4 hour drive from Manila proper. It goes by its name since it's been passed down from generations of Montenegros.It looks straight out of a magazine. It was rennovated many times and it has evolved throughout the years. I remembered coming here before in my primary school days while mom was still alive. The house was like in a Spanish Era with lots of antiques, however, it was redesigned to make sure that the house will stand stronger and longer housing the generations of Montenegros. Their place is like the best place to start a family. Not that I wanted a family with him or maybe someday but, yeah, I mean I love this house! Just when my fantasies are starting to wither just for now, I saw a tall guy in his school uniform.