The Pact (Part 2)

This room is everything.... You know reader, this room was made for his  twin sister but, they officially handed it over to me instead and It's been my room since then. I sleep here every time we visit The Manor cause it's just beside Matt's room. It was designed and painted to my liking, classic and OG vibes like straight out of Pinterest in neutral colors. Some of my clothes are here as well, so I don't have to bring much when I go home to the Philippines. We'll just bring some gifts for my family and his. Now this, tadaaaa, this might calm him down. This is for Mattie. He loves New York Knicks, so I bought him all the merch in this one trolley.

"Hey, A. Do you have a sec?".

Mattie sounded like he doesn't want anyone to hear us. It was close to whisper kind of voice. He slowly got closer to me with that look again on his face. Then I interrupted him, showing off the merch I bought for him.

"Mattie, Hi. Look at these".

His eyes got wider; I know how much he loves New York Knicks.

"Oh wow, does the store still have some left?". He laughed playfully while digging the trolley  pulling out every merch, he can see one by one.

"Of course, they still do, Mat". He looked at me in disbelief in a positive way, like he was super impressed.

"I thought you bought it off, it's like the entire store in this one trolley"

"This is how much I care for you, you know".

Then his mood changed instantly. He pick up my hand and squeezed it gently. Like he is about to confess something. I do hope it's good news.

"A, you don't have to"

"Why Mattie Poo? You seem to be  bothered by something. Is there a problem? You know you can always tell me anything and I've helped you out no matter how difficult it might be''

"Amber, I know it will be hard to process but, I, uhmmm"

"You what?MAttie?"

"I..."

"Yes, you.... what?"

"I'm dating someone".

Wait, what did he said again? Did I hear it correctly. Did I?!

"What?! What did you just say? You're dating someone??!!"

"Yes Amber, and we've been together for almost"

"A month?"

Still fresh, don't panic Amber.

"That's puppy love Mattie"

"No, we've been together for almost 2 years now"

It felt like my soul left my body, I feel like I was about to faint. I was not expecting this confession to be so heavy. I went to the window opened the glazing inhaled deeply, trying to forget what I heard just now. A lot of voices in my head, different emotions, different possibilities. I opened my eyes and look at Mattie with certainty that he is not allowed to change plans. And I know he got that, we knew each other since we were born. He knows this will be a long battle.