Falling Out (Part 9)

It was so hard to see JM at home. But I have to remind myself that he's happy with Kate. I just don't understand why he is trying to patch things up with me. I kept telling him it's okay. But he keeps trying to get my attention like sending me flowers in my office and sending food while we're planning the prom. He and his friends also volunteered to help us out arranging
the gymnasium for prom night and surprisingly present in my charity activities. One time he sent me a dress in my room and asked me out to prom. I was puzzled why he keeps doing this but I guess my friends are right, maybe he's just trying to make up for his mistakes and he felt guilty but I don't want to ruin his senior year. TBH, I planned something for him and Kate this prom. I want them to be prom king and prom queen. I want to say sorry on how terrible I was with them, in this way, at least Kate will remember something special in her senior year. Also, the divorce will be effective that day. I know it will hurt me a lot but seeing JM and Kate happy, it's all worth it. I ordered my girls to put the dress and prom invite by JM to Kate's chair on her first subject that very morning. I saw how happy she was as she kissed JM on his cheek. I felt proud on the scene I have put up with. JM's face was priceless, he was not expecting that I'm better in putting up surprises for his girl.

——————————————————————————-

I didn't expected Amber to do that. Did she had any idea how me and my friends planned out how to ask her to prom? How we followed her shopping for dresses. I thought she loved that dress, she looks great on it when she tried it on. I even chose a suit with the same color as the dress like we used to do every prom night. I never thought she wants me to go with Kate. "Hey J, you okay?" It was Buck. He himself was surprised as well. "I don't know what to say" His face was disappointed too. "I have no idea that she was willing to do that. I mean, maybe she was serious when she told you she's out." I looked at Bucky, and he saw how hurt I was "Maybe you should really tell her how you feel tonight, it's the only way" He's right I should. "I need your help Buck" He nodded. Glad I have friends like him.

It was prom night, Amilia was preparing at Cream's house with her girls. I looked at myself in the mirror and practice my speech on what to tell A, that I was dumb enough to make her feel unwanted. That all along I love her and I want to start things over again. That I want to go to Harvard with her like we planned before. I was ready to leave when I got down the stairs and saw my parents. "Oh there he is, our handsome son" I didn't know mom and dad will be here. "Hi JJ, you look great" and Maya is here too "You look perfect too Muffin, would you like to go to prom with me?" She chuckled and pointed at someone behind me, I look behind my back and I saw Amber. She was so beautiful, it was the same color of the dress the day we first met. And my heart pounded. She walked closer to me, held my hand, closed her eyes while her forehead was touching mine. With her soft voice she said "I know this entire journey with me was a pain. I should've listened to you when you tried to defend you heart. I was blinded Mattie, because I loved you too much. Right from the start, I have loved you and I have always wanted to be with you but I know your heart will never be mine." If only you know Amber, if only you know how much I wanted to kiss you right now "Amber..... I" she touched my lips to stop me from saying something and she continued "I did promise to fight for you but knowing that you can't fight with me was also hurting me. Seeing how you defended your love for Kate was enough for me to let you go." And I opened my eyes and saw her crying. And it felt heartbreaking to see my wife tearing herself apart in front of me. I squeezed her hand and she tried to let go and I was fighting to say something but my parents budge in "JM, anak, sorry. We were too selfish not to consider your feelings but seeing how you fought for Kate and Amber here telling us your struggles just to win Kate back. Montenegro ka talaga anak, Ayaw mo talagang paawat. And that's good. You have proven that you cannot be shaken especially when you pursue something. That's a good quality for a leader" I was speechless when I heard that. "Mommy, Daddy, I am very sorry, and Amber I want you to know na....." I was distracted seeing my mom holding Kate's hand. Kate is here? How? What is happening? "Anak, we approve of Kate. You should thank Amber, grabe siya talaga mag persuade." I looked at Amilia and she smiled "Well, it was a battle trying to convince your parents Mat. But somehow I did it successfully with the help of your friends din like Blue" and then I remembered, it was Blue who told me where Kate was. Wait, something is not right. Si Blue? This is too much to take in. What is happening. "Here you go Mattie" Amber handed me a brown envelope, I opened it. It's a letter saying that we're already divorced starting this very day. "You're free to love Mattie, as promised" I looked at the paper disappointed and it's all over my face. I wanted to shout, and ask Amber when did she sign the papers? Why she didn't tell me, moments ago I was hopeful that we can still fix this. I have so many unanswered questions and it keeps piling up and I just stared at her while Kate was hugging me and crying. I didn't know what she was saying to me I was so fixated on Amber and saw Maya running in to her shouting Princess. Sh*t! This is all my fault. Amber is a fighter, I was not expecting her to give up sooner. Did she just let me go? There was a pop of champagne behind me, it was Blue and Amilia's girlfriends. They were congratulating me and Kate. I did not mind them I scanned  Amber's face wondering what she's thinking and she looked at me, gave me a nod like indirectly saying "You're Welcome" I did not ask for this Amilia, if only you gave me time.To my surprise her stuff were packed at the corner of our living room and some people took it out of our house one by one. Kate was surprised that I fought my way out of the crowd from Amilia's friends and Blue leaping towards my wife. "Where are you going?" She did not expect that I will ask her that question "I'm moving out Mat, this is no longer my house." She put her hand on my shoulder and look at my face "Thank you for bearing with me, you were patient and nice despite of what I have done. I know one day, you and I will become friends again. But I guess from all this shenanigans we really need time apart to heal. Daddy will be helping you out for awhile. I wish you luck on your journey."
"I'm going to Harvard too you know" She was shock, I can tell, her eyes widen and she didn't know what to say "You're right, one day we'll be best friends again and maybe more than it" She fell silent "You'll be back here, you belong here Amilia , you're a Montenegro. You're still my wife and always be. I'll get you back and I'll do everything to have you back. Sorry it took me a long time to realize that, but today, you just validated my feelings" She didn't know how to respond to what I just said, her jaw just dropped when uncle Anthony interrupted "Are you guys okay? Sorry kids, parents are just like that. Hope we'll be good friends again hijo" I hugged uncle Anthony and said "Sorry Dad, I'll make up for it one day" And his face was confused after hearing that.
"GUYS ! It's prom night? Let's goooo!!" Blue broke the silence between us three. And he grabbed Amilia's hand and I just stared as they got into the limo with their friends going to prom. Kate touch my arm, and she gave me a smile. I didn't smiled back, and she know I was not pleased on the turn of events tonight.