Chapter 0

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

"Na Moo," Sang Ho hushed the young man who stumbled on his feet. "Do not be too loud. Be wary, we are not meant to be here."

The young boy bows down before taking a book in his hands. "Do not worry, I will be fast. Also, I am a silent reader."

He sits on the floor and opens the book in hand. Sang Ho stands outside to keep watch. He shakes his head, the young man's curiosity is an admiration. However, it causes too much breaking of rules.

Inside, Na Moo takes out the book.

"Daily logs..." The title of the book states, he opens it. Eyes curiously skimming through the words.

"Long ago, There was an energy that rules over the wind, clouds, and rain; That energy was of the skies. This energy reached the ground and created a huge form of energy. A country was built around Lake Gyeongcheondaeho, a lake that embodied that energy.

Due to the enormous lake it had, the country was named Daeho. Mages are what they're called to humans who had the power to control this great energy."

Na Moo sighs knowing the information previously. After all, That was the first thing every citizen of Daeho was taught. He turns the page over skipping the next page for he had recently been taught about the magic stone, He flips the page again, eyes sparkling upon reading the title of the next chapter.

"The Silver Flower: Origins"

"From the skies, fell a rock. It was later named to be the Ice Stone which possesses magnificent powers from the skies. It, caused the great war for many people desired to possess it.

The rock was one thing the sky has gifted humans. There was also another. It caused no chaos among people as it fell on an already established place. Thus, they were quick to own it.

It happened on a lunar eclipse, when the moon was at its peak. Bright blood red. In the dead of night, a single bright droplet, one of which shone like silver fell from the heavens. And from that droplet, grew a magic, silver flower.

It fell on the land, that of which was owned by a man named Soo Hyun. Around it, he created the fortress we now know as the Eodum Fortress. Soon, it was revealed that it had the ability to heal the sick."

He turns the page over.

"The Tragic Fall of The Soo Family."

His head shoots up in alert at the sound of someone stumbling by the doorway. He releases a sigh at the sight of his senior, Sang Ho losing his balance.

"Apologies," The latter muttered. Na Moo shakes his head before returning to the page.

"The Soo Family was once one of the well-known mages in Daeho, a friend to all. Unfortunately, their name was stripped off of the title because of the family's demise.

Soo Hyun founded the Eodum fortress, the fortress was commonly known for its garden, where the silver flower had grown. The garden was considered the deadliest one. As most gardens consisted of beautiful flowers and herbal plants, this garden has not only those but possesses most of every kind of poisonous plant. It is where Sejukwon gets its herbs.

It was soon discovered that the current mother of the Soo family was a soul shifter, and had gone on a killing spree. The Park, Jin, Seo, and Jang family had no choice but to stop that family. All family members are presumed dead."

"Na Moo!" Sang Ho calls out. A sign for him that the leader of Songrim is near. Na Moo rushes to stand up as he returns the book to its original place, or at least where the lad thought he took it. He darts his way back to the exit.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Not everything is written in books, everyone would agree. Not everything recorded in books is said to be true, the public would concur, as the person recording may not know of the whole story and can be entirely biased.

All members of the Soo Family were dead, Some would disagree. Even the daughter herself.

People had rarely visited the Eodum fortress and so when both the parents and the elder son have fallen on the ground, not moving, they assumed that they were all gone.

What they were not aware of was the presence of a little girl, hiding in one of the burned houses as she watched the slaughter of her family.

Fear and despair consumed her as she wails over the loss of her parents and brother. The Park, Jin, Seo, and Jang family have long left the fortress.

Footsteps could be heard approaching her.

"Dear one," It was a woman's voice. The young girl looks up and sees a woman looking at her in pity. "Come with me, let us rebuild this fortress."

The Woman, she was instructed to take over the fortress by Master Seo now that the family is gone. She waits for the girl's reply as she extends out her arm.

"Come with me and let us avenge your family's death."

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

✎﹏Greetings, with the Alchemy of Souls: Light and Shadow fast (but not fast enough) approaching and them releasing trailers and posters here and about. I couldn't keep myself from wanting to publish this already. I planned to publish this book the same day as the premiere of the second season, but I just couldn't wait anymore. So, I decided to just give a little teaser, hehe. The first chapted will be out probably next month as I had first planned. But, I just might start publishing chapters next week if I can't stop myself.

That aside, I hope you guys would enjoy this...