Chapter 8: Cold

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Thunders roared, and dark clouds grew covering the starry night sky. And as if the sky was angered and saddened by the deeds of the human, it began to cry heavily.

"This is..." He trailed. "Alchemy of Souls."

The sword hits, and it surges energy causing Jang Uk to fly away. A grunt catches Gil Ju's attention as he turns around to see Mu Deok on the ground. He scoffs at the pitiful sight of the once strong and merciless Nak Su now a powerless maid, injured. With a dark gaze, he lifts his sword to strike her.

A sword clashes with him, and his abyss eyes shot up meeting one with a harsh gaze. 

"So," Na Ra raises an eyebrow and stepped away from the tree she was leaning on when she saw Jang Uk and Mu Deok walking towards her, they look like they were preparing for something. "It seems you had a change of heart."

"I would like to thank the bird egg," Jang Uk smiles.

"Bird egg?"

"Time is running fast, we would need your help." Mu Deok shakes her head as she looks up at the sky. "When dark clouds form... when you see the alchemy of souls... Go to the place."

Jang Uk had already given him much damage and it was easy for one to take advantage of his weakened state. She had one hand holding on to the grip of her sword with ease and the other hovering above the sharp blade as blue whisps serving as forcefields between. With his sword blocking half her face, Gil Ju sees Na Ra lean her head to the side as she gave him a tilted smile. His breath hitched as the azure tendrils encompass them, he dare not blink away when he sees her close her open palm. The winds went against him as he crashes to the other end, the tendrils fading away. He stands up and seeing how there were three staring daggers at him and knowing his weakened state, he limps away. The two let him as they immediately ran beside Mu Deok who was bleeding.

"Mu Deok, are you all right?" Na Ra takes her hand.

"I am fine," Mu Deok grunted, looking at her two friends. "Go after him. Hurry!"

The two look at each other, both not wanting to leave.

"Go," Na Ra reassured him. "I will take care of her."

Though hesitant, Jang Uk nods his head and with one last glance at Mu Deok, he followed the man who was becoming petrified. Without saying anything else, Na Ra helped her stand up as they walked inside the cabin. Putting her down the stairs, she wordlessly dragged the cloth to the side to see Mu Deok's wound.

"I need to remove that before the poison from the sorcery spreads," Mu Deok nods.

Na Ra sighs and raises her hand on the wound. However, she stops midway as footsteps outside could be heard. She looks over the pillar before Mu Deok took hold of her sleeves and pulled her in. They made the mistake of leaving the door widely open as the two could easily be seen. With the tight space, they tried not to move too much.

"Search the area," She hears Sang Ho order.

Scanning the area, she sees Dang Gu by the entrance door, seconds away from discovering them. The two of them were holding their breath, a hand clutched into her wrists ready to run if there was a chance given. The Songrim mage takes a quick look around before turning back.