Chapter 19: Blind But Always Seeing

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

His attention was drawn by the abrupt surge of white along the border, accompanied by a shift in the atmosphere. This sensation... something is not right... The scent of the concrete floor vanishes, replaced by the sudden, delightful aroma of hibiscus. His head snaps up, and he scans his surroundings.

Petals were running softly with the wind.

The flowers have bloomed.

And before him was a woman scurrying to stand up from the floor where she fell face first. If the situation was any lighter, he would have laughed at her. However, seeing how these things have happened, he could no longer hold back his curiosity.

"One word," Jang Uk demands, seeing Na Ra's jaw clench. "You will only answer me in one word and in truth. I am tired of all the lies."

Na Ra sighs, "Alright."

"The claim of you being the daughter of Chung Yi Seul is false," He said. "Correct?"

She narrows her eyes on him. There was no point in lying now, it was clear that he had reached his limit. "Yes."

After all, Chung Yi Seul was barely intimate with her husband because she despised him and was in love with another. At least, that was what the rumors said. The truth was she was never intimate with her husband until his death.

"Then," Jang Uk takes a deep breath. "Are you the rumored missing daughter of the Soo family?"

Na Ra closed her eyes. There was no point in denying it any longer. The claim of being Chung Yi Seul's daughter was already dubious; their resemblance was nonexistent.

And,

The flowers in bloom when they were only supposed to be bud, whose blooming day would be a month away, could only have one meaning: A strange and rare energy is within their midst... So rare only a single family holds such energy.

She opens her eyes. Inside the library where they all currently reside, concealed from the soul shifter. Her hand rested on Seo Yul's and her mind wondering.

Her mind was vexed by the well-being of both her friends and the man lying on the table beside her. She needed to watch over him, but she needed to find the two. Though she tried to reassure herself that they were fine, a scintilla of doubt was growing within.

She was torn between staying and finding them.

Another matter that kept her thoughts in turmoil was Mu Deok.

Who was she before Nak Su took over her body?

She had lied about feeling only a speck of energy from Mu Deok. In truth, Na Ra had always sensed a substantial amount of it. She never disclosed the information as she always thought it was Nak Su's as the body looked too weak to handle such great energy. Mu Deok was very weak in terms of physical strength.

Reflecting upon it now, she grasped the impossibility of the energy belonging to Nak Su, for it was only her soul that shifted. The energy would remain within one's body.

Also, the energy she felt within Mu Deok was far greater than within Nak Su.

So, How did Mu Deok have such a great amount of energy?

"Mu Deok has not returned," Cha Beom enters the room in dismay. "Both Uk and Mu Deok mayhaps have fallen victim to the soul shifter."