-003-

"So did you and Rooster ever date or anything?" Phoenix asked me as she took a sip from her beer. "Nope, we got super close because we pretty  much spent everyday together for 18 years but something happened between my dad and him." I explained to her. "Do you know what happened?" She asked. "No idea, but I'll figure it out soon enough." I laughed.

I saw Rooster go over to the piano and I started to smile, then he looked at me, calling me over. I got up and walked over to the piano and sat next to him, "You think you can still play your part?" He questioned me. "Most definitely." I said confidently. This song has been a Bradshaw, Mitchell tradition forever. Since I could practically talk my dad taught me this song. Once I turned 5 he taught me how to play it on the piano.

Rooster moved towards the edge of the piano bench so can use the whole piano. I started to play looking at my fingers move, people gathered around the piano as Rooster and I shouted "you shakes my nerves and you rattles my brain." I looked at rooster and he looks at me "to much love drives a man insane." I smiled as he sang "you broke my will" then I sang "but what a thrill." "Goodness gracious great balls of fire!" The whole bar yelled.

I only started the song then Rooster would do the rest. I moved off the piano bench so he could play. I saw my dad get thrown out of the bar so I waved bye to everyone so I could go get my dad.

I walked out the door running my shoulder into a laughing Hangman. "Whoa sorry princess" Hangman putting his hands up looking at my dad that was on the ground. "Phoenix told me why they call you hangman, let's hope I never have to fly with you." I spat out. He looked at me his jaw tensing then passed me walking inside to go sing the song.

"What did you do?" I asked sticking my hand out he could get up. "I didn't have the money to pay for all the drinks." He explained looking into the bar at Rooster at the piano. "Why don't you just talk to him?" I wondered. "No I'm just gonna go, do you want to come with? You could take a cab back with me and grab your stuff, then you could go the military house. Yeah?" He explained. "Yeah I'm just going to say bye the Rooster." I told him walking into the bar.

I smiled at the bartender and looked at Rooster as he finished up the song. I stood in front of the piano and sang loudly along with everyone else in the bar "Goodness gracious great balls of fire!" I smiled as everyone cheered 'Rooster'. He smiled and danced a little dance. I walked over to him giving him a smile I'm going to head out!" I said loudly over all the people. "Okay see you tomorrow!" He loudly said back. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.

Guys backs feel so much different that girls, more
broad, more muscular. I pulled away and gave him a smile.

"You're leaving already?" I heard someone say behind me I look away from Rooster's gaze to find Phoenix pulling me into a hug. "Yeah got to grab my stuff so I can go to the house. I don't know my roommate yet so hopefully she's not bad." I explained to her. "You're my roommate actually!" Phoenix said happily "Really?! That's amazing!" I told her, pulling away from the her embrace.

I said bye to Bob and walked out to see my dad waiting for a cab to pull up. "Dad you know there's such a thing as an Uber. Right?" I informed him laughing. "Then get one or something." I got my phone out and called for an Uber. "We have 5 minutes, till it arrives." It was silent for a little while until I noticed how tense my dad looked. "Hey are you okay?" I whispered. "Yeah I'm fine." He snapped, "You don't look fine." I said looking at him. "Is this about Rooster?" I pushed a little hoping he would tell me what's going on with them.

"Why does it matter? Just drop it." He snapped once again. I looked back in front of me silently and looked down the rode to see the Uber rolling down the road. I looked back at the bar and then looked at the Uber that rolled up. I opened the back right side door as my dad walked across to open the left side door. I got in and sat down hoping this ride wouldn't be awkward.

The ride was totally silent, nobody talked just the music the Uber was playing quietly. I looked out the window and looked at the sky, it looked pretty with the different colored clouds do you the sun setting. I've always loved sun sets, I remember walking to the end of my driveway with Rooster and laying a blanket down to watch the sun set together. We could sit there for hours, talking about wishes and dreams. Like how we both wanted to be in the navy or how if we both weren't married by the time we were 35 we would marry each other.

Those were just lost memories now that I'm sure he doesn't even remember. He was the first boy I ever loved, when I was 13 I believe he could be the only guy I could ever like, but two years later he got a girlfriend and I fell out of love. He was my best friend, I guy i could count of to keep me safe. Rooster's mother and my dad always would say we would end up together, but if you couldn't already tell that never happened.

The Uber dropped us off at the hotel entrance, my dad opened the door for me and I pushed the up button on the elevator. The doors opened and I walked in making sure the door stayed open for my dad. He walked in pushed the 3rd floor button and then said "sorry I was a jerk, you didn't deserve that." "It's ok, sorry I pushed a little." I whispered. He gave me a side hug and I smiled. "Are you ready to live in the house?" He asked me. "Definitely!" I said excitedly "Well it's definitely an experience." He laughed.

Hey everyone! I will try to update every week, I was in a trip for a whole week and didn't get a chance to write much! I love you and please forgive me if there's any spelling mistakes I don't really proof read until I post it idk why.
-E