-007-

"Rooster you're good." Hondo told him but Rooster kept going. I once again just finished 200 push-ups, my arms felt like pool noodles and I'm ready go to bed. I unzip my flyer uniform and tied the arms around my waist hoping to cool down some. My white shirt underneath was almost fully drenched in sweat. I look down at Rooster still going, Hondo gave up and walked away towards my dad.

"Earth to Rooster." I said hoping he'll snap out of it. "I'm leaving, by the way we all can't leave until you come inside." I informed him, I looked down at him for a second then walked forward, wishing he would follow. I looked over my shoulder to see him stop and sit on his knees. I turn around and walk over to him. "Come on" I said quietly sticking my hand out for him to grab. He looked up at me, huffing from the extra push-ups he did. He grabbed my hand and then I helped him up.

Once he was on his feet I turned around to find my dad looking at both of us. He was on the other side of the runway but I could tell he wanted me to come talk to him. "I'm going talk to my dad." I told Rooster as I jogged over to my dad. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but don't be around Rooster okay? He's angry at me and he'll drag me down until I fall. I don't want you to fall too." He ordered, I looked at him "I know why he's mad at you." I mentioned then started again "Look I know you just want to protect me from whatever feud you and Rooster have but I can take care of myself. Trust me if I thought Rooster wasn't safe up there I wouldn't have chosen him to be up there with me." I assured my dad, he nodded then walked into base so he could be heading back.

I stood there for a second thinking about what my dad had just said. Yes Rooster is definitely ruthless up there but he also isn't. He thinks to much, you just do, you definitely don't think. It's probably more dangerous to think than not too.

I watched as Rooster went inside and followed him. "Hey Rooster." he turned around once I spoke "You don't have to take this advice but when you're up there don't think as much, if you over think you are most likely dead. Okay?" I advised him. He looked at me "Don't tell me how to fly and I won't tell you, you're not perfect either." He mentioned then walked away.

I knew I wasn't the best flyer in the world, but he didn't have to decline my advice like that. I shake my thoughts out of my head and looked back at my plane. I sighed and decided I was going to find Phoenix. I looked around and when I couldn't find her I decided to go sit down at my chair where I found out my dad was our instructor.

I messed with my uniform sleeves that were still tied around my waist. "So Legacy." I look up and to my left to see Hangman sitting down next to me draping his arm around my shoulders. One of his friends did the same to the right of me "Yes, Hangman?" I asked looking at him then taking my hand and pushing their arms of me. "So you really aren't like your dad. You aren't as good as I thought you'd be. Man I thought you would be so fucking fantastic that I would actually have to compete with you to win one of the 4 spots." He paused for a minute to let his friend talk who was beside me "Like Hangman said, your dad won't choose you to fly the mission, he never will, because he already knows you won't cut it." Those last couple word stung, he doesn't even know my dad nor me to say that.

I look back at Hangman "Well at least I'm not a jerk who thinks they are the best of all Naval Aviators. Also I think you're scared that my dad will choose a girl over you." I spoke, they both laughed then as Hangman was about to start Rooster came up to us. "Just leave her alone man. To be honest she's definitely a better flyer than you, and I would trust my judgment because I have flew with both of you." I looked up at him since he practically just standing in front of me. "Aw Legacy it looks like you need your little best friend to fight your battles. That's so cute." Hangman chuckled.

I looked over at Hangman then at Rooster, I stood up and slapped Hangman as hard as I could. His head moved to the left since I slapped him with my right hand. I watched as Hangman grabbed his cheek and then stood up getting so close to me I could practically feel his breath on my face. He was taller than me so I was looking up at him. Then Hangman opened his mouth to speak but right before he could say anything Rooster's arm snaked around my waist pulling me away from Hangman and his friend. "Whoa what the hell." I spoke pushing off his arm that was around my waist. I turned around to face him, "why did you do that, I had it under control." I told him.

"We're a team, and teammates don't slap each other in the face." Rooster explained to me, he wasn't wrong we are a team. "You say we are a team but you don't seem to like my dad and he's the 'coach' of this team." I stuck up my fingers to do quotes on the word coach. "I have a valid reason to not like your dad, but you and Hangman only had a stupid little fight." Rooster whispered because, well I'm guessing, he didn't want people knowing about him and my dad's feud going on right now.

"Well if you were my teammate, like you say we are, then you would've taken my advice about not over thinking while flying." I challenged him, "Okay fine maybe I didn't take your advice because if you don't think then you're dead." He answered me. "What do you mean, if you think for too long then you're dead, you know what I'm not doing this, also I don't need you to save me and shit from Hangman. I can handle him myself." I informed him. I looked over at my seat which was Hangman free and then walked over to sit down once again looking down at my sleeves to mess with them. I looked up and saw Phoenix go up to Rooster and then tried to listen close so I could hear what they were talking about since they weren't really far away and were talking pretty loud.

It consisted of her asking him if he was okay and what was our whole fight about, then they went to talking about Hangman and how I slapped him. I guess the whole area saw it happen, I smiled to myself feeling proud that everyone saw it. Then I heard then start to talk about me, mostly about my flying but also about how stubborn I was. I wasn't stubborn, was I? I listened closer and then heard Phoenix say something to Rooster that made him look at me. I wasn't looking at him but I can see him out of my corner of my eye. What Phoenix said was...

"She's a fighter, not a lover."

Jeez this chapter was FILLED with drama, which was super fun to write btw! Also just remember that making these longer chapters also take a lot longer to write than short ones! Also thank you for 1.0k views that so insane!!! Please share with your Top Gun loving friends and also vote if you would like to! Eat and drink today, it's important!! Also I still have to read through it to make sure there's not many mistakes!!! I'll do that a little later!