-012-

"Legacy, Legacy, Legacy!" They shouted in unison, I smiled as I watched Phoenix shouting my name. "Okay okay okay, I get it." I shouted making them stop chanting, "I get that I'm awesome and all, but let's give a thanks to Fanboy for that awful throw." I laughed clapping, the men followed after me clapping and whooped. Hangman put down Phoenix and she walked over to her water bottle. I put my hand on top of Rooster's that was resting on my thigh and leaned down to his ear to get his attention.

"Hey I want to talk to Phoenix." I told him, he nodded his head and kneeled down. He let go of one of my legs so I could swing it over behind him. One of my feet hit the ground and I grabbed onto his shoulder so I could bring the other foot down. My front was to his back so he turned to face me, "is she okay?" He asked me, "I don't know I guess I'll find out." I said to him. I got up and did a finger wave to the people I was leaving behind. Fanboy had the biggest smile on his face while waving to me, so I smiled back at him.

I walked through the hot sand to Phoenix who was sitting on a towel and eating some chips. "Are you okay?" I questioned sitting down next to her. "Yeah." She whispered back to me, she pulled her knees up to her chest. "It's crazy." She spoke, I looked over at her as she started again, "It's crazy how we are the best fighter jet pilots in the Navy and yet I still get nervous for missions." I looked back in front of me at the guys and Halo. "I get nervous too, it's a natural human thing." I  assured her, "Why don't you all look nervous then." She asked me. "I'm pretty good at not showing it." I laughed, "but the others I have no idea."

Phoenix and I sat there and watched all the pilots talk and yell. My eyes followed Rooster as he walked around the crowd to the ocean. I stood up and stuck out my hand to Phoenix. "Want to go for a dip?" I asked her, she smiled then grabbed ahold of it to help herself up. We ran to the ocean like we were little kids again, pushing through the water until we fell.

I swam over to Rooster and Hangman, they were throwing the football to one another. I could still stand up in the water, my feet touching the sand below me. Phoenix was beside me watching the two men throw the football.

"Rooster!" Phoenix yelled trying to get the ball, he looked at us then tossed it back to Hangman. "Come on Hangman."  I yelled to him putting my hands up wanting him to throw the ball to me. He laughed and then threw it back to Rooster, I looked next to me at Phoenix and pointed at Hangman. She began to swim over to him and I saw over to Rooster. I put up my fingers counted down from 3 silently. Once I made it to 1 we both jumped on their backs "come on we just want to throw the ball around too." Phoenix said messing up Hangman's throw over to Rooster.

The ball landed in front of Rooster so I couldn't get it. Rooster swam forward to get the ball we me still on his back. "Please Bradley. You have to remember I lived with a guy my whole life. I think I know how to throw a ball." I told him, he shook his head throwing the ball back to Hangman. Phoenix grabbed one of Hangman's arms and pulled it down causing him to drop the ball. She swam over to the ball and practically put her whole body onto it, covering her with her body so hangman can't get it.

I let myself off of Rooster, and started to swim to Phoenix. We swam as fast as we could because Rooster and Hangman were on our tails. We then made it to the beach and ran up to my dad. "We are going to the house." I told my dad, Phoenix then threw it down at him. We ran off hoping they wouldn't stop at my dad to get the ball. We ran up beach grabbing our shirts, and shoes that we left up there. We threw our shirts over our sports bras and slipped on out shoes as fast as possible. I waved my hand up in the air to call a taxi, the taxi stopped by us and I opened the door for Phoenix to get in. I looked behind us at Rooster and Hangman running towards us. I hop in the back seat beside Phoenix.

"Top gun base." I spoke to the driver before buckling my seatbelt. The driver drove away leaving the two other pilots behind. Hangman flicked us off as we drove away.

"Top Gun? As in the Navy?"" The driver asked, it was a women that looked to be around 60. "Yes ma'am" I answered her, "My husband went there in the 70s" she started "he got first in his class." She looked up in the rear view mirror at us, "we were first in our classes also." Phoenix told her, I nodded my head. "Were those two boys back there also in Top Gun." She questioned us, "yes, Rooster and Hangman." I told her looking out my window, "What are your call signs?" She asked us, "Legacy" I spoke, Phoenix said her own call sign. "They're lovely call signs." She informed us, I smiled and looked at Phoenix.

We talked a little more and then she dropped us off in front of the base opening. We walked into the base, "do we have bread?" I asked her, I wanted to make French toast for everyone, "um I'm not sure." She answered me, we walked into the house and headed to our room.

I'm so sorry, again I had writers block for this chapter and it took me forever. Also we are almost at 10k views, thank you all for everything!!!!