-021-

I walked into the house with Phoenix and Rooster. I open my flight suit and wrapped the arms around my waist, adjusting my tank top that was underneath. "Today was probably the hardest day I've ever flown." I hugged out laying out on the couch. "Me too" Phoenix spoke, Rooster left leaving Phoenix and I alone.

"Phoenix can I ask you a question?" I question sitting up on the couch. "Sure" she assured looking at me, "what do you think I should do about Rooster and I" I whispered just in case he was close. "What do you mean" she asked looking at my hands, I was picking at my finger nails. "I think I need to break things off right now." I mentioned to her softly, she was silent for a minute then spoke. "Why?" I looked up at her "If one of us goes on this mission and doesn't make it back....." my voice broke, trying not to cry. "If-if he doesn't make it back then I don't think I could handle it." I finished a tear rolling down my cheek. I hate crying. "Oh Y/N." She spoke while giving me a hug.

"I'm scared Phoenix....I'm so scared." I admitted, my dad was say 'being scared is for pussys', then I guess I'm a pussy. "Hey do you guys want water." We pulled away from one another to see Rooster standing there with two glasses. When he saw my face he put the two glasses down on the table next to the couch. "Are you okay?" He asked me softly, I sniffled "yeah, I'm o-" I was cut off by my phone going off. I took it out of my pocket. The words read

Dad/maverick/Pete

Obnoxious name I know. I press the green button, "hello" I said into the phone, "Hey Y/N, um" he began, is he okay? He sounds...off. "I need to tell you something, can you come down the the bar?" He asked me, "yeah, now?"

"Yeah, I really need to talk to you." He sternly said, okay who died? "Okay I'll be there soon, I love you." I then hung up the phone, by this time Rooster was seated next to me and  Phoenix had left with her water. "Before I go um, I need to talk to you." I softly spoke, I grab his hand and gave him a small smile.

"I think we should break this off until the mission is over." I mentioned to him, he looked at me then began, "I was thinking the same thing." He said to me. A wave is relief passed through me, "okay, good we are on the same page." I laughed a little, did it hurt my heart to break things off right now? Yes it obviously did.

"I need to go to bar to talk to my dad." I told him swiftly then standing up. "Make sure you wear your uniform, you know the day before the mission thing." He reminded me, I nodded then stuck out my hand. "What to come with me?" I questioned him, he grabbed my hand as he stood up. We walked up the stairs, my combat boots hitting the stairs with a clang. I walked over to the room, I knocked at the door making sure Phoenix was dressed. "Come in." She spoke loudly, "I have Rooster with me, are you dressed?" I questioned her through the door. "Yeah come in." She assured me, I turned the knob then walking in.

I smiled at her, "hey" rooster said to Phoenix. I open my closet to see my new-looking uniform. I've only worn it a handful of times. I grab the hanger with the uniform hanging down and lay it on my bed. I turn around once I hear the door close then look over at my bed to see Rooster sitting on it but no Phoenix. "Where did she go?" I asked him without making eye contact. "She said she's taking a shower or something along the lines of that." He explains to me, he lays back on my bed his head landing on my pillow.

I look over at him, he's so pretty. Yes he's hot but you know pretty. He has golden hair, his skin seems to my shiny. Probably from the sweat. He makes eye contact with me, I force myself to peel away from his look. I can feel he's still watching me. "I'll be back." I told him as I grabbed my white uniform and headed to the bathroom. I untie my flight uniform that was tied around my waist, and pulled down my legs.

I grabbed the white pants and slipped them on on, smoothing them down after I button them. I take off my tank top and put on a white button up. I put the jacket on, buttoned it all the way up. My hat was laying on the counter, I didn't feel like putting it on right now. I look in the mirror and undo my messing hair. I brushed it, put some water into my hands and started to put it back into a bun. I grabbed the gel out of the cabinet above the sink, I put my hand in it and started to put it all around my hair. I turned on the sink to wash off my hands to get the gel off.

I made sure my gold wings that are on my jacket are straight I walked out of the bathroom. I walked into my room with Rooster still on the bed. He was looking at his phone, "hey, I'm back." He looked up at me. "You clean up nice." He laughed to himself, "shut it" I laughed back.

I smiled at him, those eyes, they could kill me. I truly loved him, since I was 12 till now. If he goes on this mission I don't think my heart could take it.

It's been like a MONTH since I've updated so whoops sorry. I love every single one of you guys❤️. Please eat and drink, also shares with your top gun (or rooster loving) friends!!!!
-E