Chapter 7: It's Finally Day Two

RHEA

I wake up to blood stains on the bed. Pain.

It's day two and the blood is flowing too much. Pain.

We have P.E. every day. Pain.

* * *

The day was abnormally fast. It's P.E. already.

I'm scared, to be honest. Scared for both River and myself. If I have to do a hundred push-ups today, I'll die.

"Did I tell you two to bring anything, last class?" Samuel asks.

"Yes, sir you told me to-" River starts.

"Did you bring it?" Samuel interrupts. Wow, I hate him more than I hated him yesterday. How the hell did this guy earn simps on the internet? Why are people so desperate for daddies?

"Yes, sir." River says. He's maintaining his cool. I would have snapped. I hate people interrupting me.

"Good. Now hold on to this." Samuel produces a stone. It's...a warp stone?

It's a warp stone! These things didn't show up in the game till the fourth chapter! I had so many warp stones in my inventory, mainly because they allow you to teleport. Or warp. I think there's a difference, but I don't really know...

Anyways, a warp stone means we're going to warp somewhere.

"Um...sir, where are we going?" I ask because I'm curious. Why couldn't we just do whatever we have to here?

"A training arena," Samuel answers. For some reason, the first thing I think of is the type of training arena from the Hunger Games. You know, with areas for this and that and whatnot...

And then I realize it's probably an arena for magic training. I reach out my hand and hold the stone. River follows.

We warp. It's such a weird feeling. That's it, that's the only way I can describe it. It's weird. And cool. And guess what our destination is?

A forest.

A very pretty forest.

No really, it's very pretty. A lake in the center with crystal clear water, fish in the lake, rabbits hopping around...it's something, as Anne Shirley would describe it, that cannot be improved upon by imagination.

River nudges me and I lean towards him. "The Lake of Shining Waters," he whispers in my ear. Ah, so he was thinking the same thing.

"Stop whispering to each other and come forward," Samuel instructs, "Daniel, change into your swimsuit and enter the water. Daniella, stay where you are."

I look at the trees for a few minutes. And then I look back after hearing something enter the water. River's in the lake. God, this is awkward.

"Okay, firstly I want you to learn to breathe underwater," Samuel tells River as if that's not the most difficult water technique. I would know, I've played the game. River would know too. He's played the game.

"Um...isn't that a bit complicated?" River asks.

"No, it's not. Listen to me carefully and follow the instructions. Call the air bubbles in the water towards your nose and create an air cavity...do you know your mana levels yet?" Samuel suddenly asks, as if remembering it. I mean, I do Daniella's mana level from the game's stats but not her beginning level...

"No, sir," I say.

"Right," Samuel takes out a glass ball, "Use this."

He tells me to hold it. I do. The glass turns a dark shade of blue. Samuel nods. I throw the ball to River, who catches it. The ball turns transparent and then turns a lighter shade of blue than mine.