Chapter 9: The Headache is Important, It'll Probably Show Up Again in Future

WILHELM

They managed to defeat around twenty lowest-grade demons by themselves? Just the two of them? That shouldn't have been possible...

"Ohhh, I see. That's the one my magic chose this year," Periwinkle says, "And the other one was chosen by Geranium. Hm...there doesn't seem to be a ten-year age gap between them. The prophecy really is coming true."

"What?" I ask her.

"What? Wait, why are you still standing here? Help them, you idiot!"

...Right, I should. They don't seem to be holding up that well.

I run towards them, Peri giving me instructions on how to use Wind Magic to do things other than solidifying air.

"Push the demons away from the children," Peri commands. I do. It comes naturally to me, almost as if I haven't had Magic only for say, the past half an hour.

The demons get swept away. Immediately, the dome of water collapses, and for the first time, I see the two people inside it clearly. There's a girl who is on the floor, and a boy who is standing in a not-very-stable way.

They're obviously related, probably identical twins. They both have blue hair and...hold on. I recognize them. They're from my class, Daniel and Daniella Arendelle, the Magic child prodigies of our generation. Of course, they are. Only one person is born with Magic per decade, after all. Or two, in this case. Twins with Magic was an unheard-of case, especially twins with such powerful Magic...

"What are you just standing there for?" the boy speaks up, "Kill them." He points towards the demons who are now standing up again. Ah, right.

I am still holding the solidified-air sword. I cut through most of the demons at once. It's easy, really. They don't dodge, they don't strategize, they just charge at me and display all their weak points as I go in for the kill. Much, much easier than the low-grade demons, but I'd probably have a hard time with thirty of these as well.

I look back at the two students. The boy is now crouching over the girl and patting her head as if to wake her up. I walk towards them.

"Weren't you bragging about having more mana than me? Now look who's standing..." the boy mutters.

"Um...are you two okay?" I ask hesitantly. I would really rather not talk to strangers...

"No," the boy answers.

"Oh."

"Where are the teachers? There were so many students here when the demons first appeared, did no one think of calling the teachers?" he asks. Were there people here earlier? I don't know.

"Umm-"

"Daniiiiiiiiii, wake up already." He flicks the girl's forehead. The girl opens her eyes and says, "Ouch, that hurt, motherfucker. At least let me pass out in peace."

...Wow, what a pair. Are they really nobles? Are nobles supposed to use such vulgar words?

"Censor the cussing, sis, we have an audience," the boy says. The girl looks at me, still not getting up from the floor.

"Oh, hi there."

"Uh...hello," I say awkwardly. Siblings quarrel a lot, don't they?

Daniel pokes his sister's head, "Are you hurt, or are you just exhausted?"

...Siblings care about each other a lot too, don't they?

"Ughhhh," Daniella says, trying to sit up, "I'm a little dizzy and I'll be needing a bath after this, but I'm more or less unharmed."