11 | Too Much To Handle

"Michael! Irish! I'm happy to see you both have made it safely!" Tori beamed at the couple approaching her as she stood at the end of the cemented pathway leading up to the entrance of the museum

Michael admired the architectural work of the building with the exterior reminding him of an extravagant yacht as it sat on the coast of Milwaukee Bay. Behind it was the downtown area showcasing the many sizes of buildings and a bustling street. Seeing the museum in person, the photos they saw weeks prior didn't do it justice.

"The flight wasn't too bad," Irish said with a warm smile.

"That's great," replied Tori. "While we wait for Carrea to show up—"

Hearing the familiar name, Michael cut her off with his eyebrows knitting together. "Who?"

"Carrea. Carrea Haughton. She'll be doing the designing of the wedding for you two if you choose the museum."

He licked his lips and nodded coolly. "A'ight."

"Alright," Tori began with a clasp of her hands. "I'll show you guys around until she arrives."

Just a few days after meeting Tori at the last venue in Virginia, Michael contacted her about flying over to meet the potential wedding designer. Had he known it would be his ex-fiancée, he would've been a lot more prepared for Irish to finally meet her. The last time they spoke was the day of his secret engagement party he organized, and his mind instantly went back to them having a conversation about their relationship that Carrea mostly reminisced about what could've been.

He didn't follow her on social media other than Instagram where she liked his black and white boomerang post of Irish's engagement ring, but he never kept himself updated on her life as she did unbeknownst to him. It was shocking to know she moved to the Midwest with her husband. All the years they knew each other, being a designer of any sort never crossed his mind as an interest to her. He just chalked it up to the fact he didn't know everything about her like he thought.

And according to Tori's words, she was one of the best in Milwaukee. He stated he wanted the best of the best on the team, and he got exactly what he asked for. He was positive today would be quite interesting.

Following behind Tori who led the way to the tinted double glass doors, Irish looked at him and inquired, "Isn't Carrea your ex?"

It wasn't an unknown fact that she knew about his past with Carrea as he knew about her past with Dorian. It wasn't much to tell considering he already revealed enough about them to have an idea of what their relationship was like. He cheated; that wasn't anything new. Jonnise was the one he had the affair with; that wasn't new either. Carrea worked alongside him majority of their relationship; that was new. And she miscarried their first child she conceived; that was new, too.