17 | Change For The Better, Pt. 2

I can't stress enough how much I miss you

I can't stress enough how much I miss you. The first couple of weeks here been amazing. It's so much I wanna tell you, but I will eventually when I come home soon. But I ordered your birth flowers just because. I knew that it would put a smile on that pretty face.

Anyway, I hope everything has been good and the baby is doing fine. Just remember to keep me posted like we agreed if anything changes. I'm only a phone call away. And I know you at work right now, so have a good day, enjoy the flowers, and I'll give you a call as soon as I'm free.

I love you, Mrs. Jackson

Irish wasn't certain of the number count she read the flower card attached to the bouquet of purple primroses and violets gifted to her. All she could remember is reading it over and over again. He never ceased to amaze her of the wonderful things he did, and having him deliver her birth flowers while at work was one of them. It sure did have her smiling ear to ear like a teenage school girl being acknowledged by her longtime crush.

Two weeks been quite lonely, but she was getting used to not having her husband at home. There were urges to text or call him just to check in, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She wanted to give him space. If anything, he would think something is wrong with her, the baby or both. She figured he would contact her eventually as he stated in the note and anticipated hearing his voice.

While in his absence, she remained indoors but would spend time with her parents after work and have dinner with them. She hadn't revealed the pregnancy yet. Sometime by the second trimester she would. That was the plan to announce. Although she still had some lingering doubts regarding her issues with carrying full-term, she was thankful to God having had concieved again. She knew she had to remain positive if she wanted a positive outcome. So instead of thinking of the worst case scenario, she daydreamed what life would be like when she gave birth in the next eight months.

Recently, she received a call from Vena asking if she wanted to go to The Boulevard this weekend with her and Whitley. She almost declined not wanting to miss Michael's call considering the difference in time zones. There was no telling when he would reach out, but Vena wasn't taking no for an answer. She had no other option but to go. Besides, it's been a while since they spent time together, especially at The Boulevard. It was very seldom when Vena performed, but this weekend she felt like hitting the stage and showing off her vocal abilities.

Three eventually became five with the inclusion of Terrell and Cameron tagging along after Vena reached out to them. With the four of them together, a good time was meant to be had. Nonetheless, it would finally get Irish out of the damn house and enjoy a night out with her closest friends.

"Ooh," cooed her co-worker, Daeva who stopped at the opened door of her office.

Irish looked up and greeted her with a smile. "Hey, Dee."