24 | To Live & Die In L.A.

Three months being in L

Three months being in L.A. was beginning to feel like home thus far. Everything about the city made their migration smooth. Compared to Virginia Beach, there was so much one could do and Irish had her fair share of enjoying all of the adventures in L.A. Michael explored the city on many occasions in the past due to business endeavors and his extended paternal family that lived here for years. It was the birthplace of his father. It was nothing new for him; however, seeing the happiness radiating from his wife made it all worthwhile to bask in the ambience of the city.

They were temporarily living at The Westford Condos, meanwhile, Michael negotiated with the best architect creating a blueprint to build their new home. They purchased twenty-five acres of land which was massive despite the number size being so minuscule. It was enough to build another three story home with ten garages, adding it up with seven guest houses, in-home studio, art exhibition, in-ground pool with attractions, in-ground trampoline, just anything their hearts desired. It was their own personal neighborhood. On the bright side, this was the first house they were building together. He would handle construction, and she would turn their house into a home.

Despite their move, the house in Virginia wasn't up for sale for many reasons. It was paid off and anytime they visit it would be a place for them to stay. It's why they left most of the furniture behind instead of taking everything with them. Michael had zero intentions of selling it because it was the first home he ever built at twenty-three years old after he became his own boss. Normally, people at that age started off small with apartments, but he built his home and was blessed to find two amazing women to share it with in different lifetimes.

Vena and Autumn were in L.A. to finish her EP the past couple of weeks now. Irish had the idea to fly the rest of the gang out for the weekend since Vena would be leaving Monday afternoon. They all agreed to the three day weekend trip and immediately had their bags packed to be flown out privately. When they arrived yesterday evening, Irish stopped by their hotel and was beyond ecstatic to see Breia was able to come.

After meeting months ago, they grew close and talked often via text, phone calls and FaceTime aside from the group chat that everyone were in. Irish always knew she would fit in with the rest of them and knowing that Breia rarely associated with people, she was glad to be welcomed into a genuine friendship with others alike herself. She was funny, charismatic, outgoing, had a heart pure as gold and unproblematic. She was the missing piece to their circle. After spending a couple of hours with them and joking around per usual, they made plans to go out tonight.

While Michael was out doing his weekly check in on the label, Irish returned home a few minutes ago from a soca class, the spa and hair salon. She then recieved a call from Daeva.

"How're you liking the new location so far?"

Irish maneuvered around the spacious living area searching for the remote control as Teddy stood nearby watching. Everytime she moved, he moved. "It's a lot bigger than the one back home, more busier and the people are hella bougie." Finally finding the remote stuck between the matresses of the sectional, she plopped down on the chaise to prop her feet up and powered on the seventy-five inched TV. Teddy jumped up and made himself comfortable in her lap. "Other than that, the pay is way better and I stay to myself most of the time."